Author Topic: Skin selection for Pickup Missions  (Read 338 times)

Offline Dawger

• Silver Member
Skin selection for Pickup Missions
« on: October 11, 2016, 03:12:02 PM »
I would like the capability to choose a mission skin for pickup missions

Thanks

Offline SlipKnt

• Gold Member
Re: Skin selection for Pickup Missions
« Reply #1 on: October 12, 2016, 11:26:30 AM »
I would like the capability to choose a mission skin for pickup missions

Thanks

Would be great for FSO.  I believe this has been discussed before.  Would love to have this!!!

:aok
AKSlpKnT
Arabian Knights
DCS:
SlipKnoT
vCSG-3, VMA-513 Flying Nightmares (AV8B)

Offline Dawger

• Silver Member
« Reply #2 on: October 12, 2016, 12:10:26 PM »
And if I am allowed multiple requests.......

One of the biggest complaints about using missions in FSO is the high probability of a friendly fire kill when spawning since everyone spawns in EXACTLY the same spot (Plus you are blind trying to taxi out of 50 aircraft all piled up)

While the ideal would be aircraft spawning 10 feet in trail of each other on the taxiway at the end of the runway I realize the coding for this would be difficult and it would not eliminate the potential for friendly fire on spawn.

So any chance of making guns inop or fire blanks for the first 30 seconds after mission spawn?

Offline Devil 505

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #3 on: October 12, 2016, 12:19:39 PM »
And if I am allowed multiple requests.......

One of the biggest complaints about using missions in FSO is the high probability of a friendly fire kill when spawning since everyone spawns in EXACTLY the same spot (Plus you are blind trying to taxi out of 50 aircraft all piled up)

While the ideal would be aircraft spawning 10 feet in trail of each other on the taxiway at the end of the runway I realize the coding for this would be difficult and it would not eliminate the potential for friendly fire on spawn.

So any chance of making guns inop or fire blanks for the first 30 seconds after mission spawn?

Considering that the game has code to disable the guns on bombers while on the ground, it may not be that hard to make a universal code.
Kommando Nowotny

FlyKommando.com

Offline bustr

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #4 on: October 12, 2016, 12:56:44 PM »
Used to be the answer was not everyone would have the skin downloaded. And if it was a special for that scenario, you might have players all in different states of lag while it downloaded when they picked their ride. Wonder what the issue is now with AH3?
bustr - POTW 1st Wing

This is like the old joke that voters are harsher to their beer brewer if he has an outage, than their politicians after raising their taxes. Death and taxes are certain but, fun and sex is only now.

Offline Randy1

• Platinum Member
« Reply #5 on: October 12, 2016, 02:49:11 PM »
In the MA arena pickup missions put you into the default skin.  That is irritating.

I will have to -1 your wish propagates that if not then a +1.

Offline SlipKnt

• Gold Member
« Reply #6 on: October 13, 2016, 01:42:58 PM »
Used to be the answer was not everyone would have the skin downloaded. And if it was a special for that scenario, you might have players all in different states of lag while it downloaded when they picked their ride. Wonder what the issue is now with AH3?

Ahhhh.  That's it.  There would almost always be guys in the state of getting skins downloaded. Wonder if it is possible to default if you don't have the skin and if you do have it, it loads. 

Definately a programming thing.  May be too hairy to do.  Still a great idea though!!! 
AKSlpKnT
Arabian Knights
DCS:
SlipKnoT
vCSG-3, VMA-513 Flying Nightmares (AV8B)

Offline Lab Rat 3947

• Silver Member
« Reply #7 on: October 14, 2016, 09:35:03 AM »
In the MA arena pickup missions put you into the default skin.  That is irritating.

I agree. I'll fly with a mission but not join to keep the 80th FS skins that I use, rather than the default.

However, being able to pick specific skins for missions wouldn't bother me, and I would definitely give it a +1
LtngRydr
14th FG Grounded

80th FS "Headhunters"