Author Topic: Something weird happened last sunday in the MA..  (Read 1357 times)

Offline Lusche

• Radioactive Member
      • Last.FM Profile
Something weird happened last sunday in the MA..
« on: October 18, 2016, 05:35:36 PM »
There I was, intercepting & destroying a set of Lancs in a 190A-8.  :ahand
They had been NOE, never came close to a friendly base and were flying through several totally quiet sectors. And I was flying directly at them. So I braced myself for the inevitable "cheat/hack/shade/spy" PMs.  :uhoh

They never came   :confused:

Instead said player and a fellow pilot upped again and scanned all around that route obviosly in search for a CV that could had given him away to me. And they found & sunk it.   :airplane:

This is an irritating departure from established AH protocol. If that kind of reasoning is getting standard, the game won't be the same anymore  :old:
Steam: DrKalv
E:D Snailman

Offline Kanth

• Gold Member
Re: Something weird happened last sunday in the MA..
« Reply #1 on: October 18, 2016, 07:01:44 PM »

:aok  mostly I liked this part.  But I'm sure the rest is good  too.

in a 190A-8. 
Gone from the game. Please see Spikes or Nefarious for any Ahevents.net admin needs.

Offline Driver

• Zinc Member
« Reply #2 on: October 19, 2016, 12:08:46 PM »
 :rofl  good post !
The old shall overcome youth, ability and talent by decit, treachery and wickedness

Offline Scca

• Gold Member
« Reply #3 on: October 20, 2016, 08:36:06 AM »
Ah, the old busted by the CV trick. 

Usually I am on the other side of that (getting busted), but once I saw a red blob passing a CV.  I had just found an NOE about half way to the target.  I upped a -4, and took off toward the trailing dots, staying NOE myself so they wouldn't see my darbar.  I killed both goons, before the world exploded with the rest of the mission trying to kilt me.  Ya, I ran knowing they had no way finish the take :)
Flying as AkMeathd - CO Arabian Knights
Working on my bbs cred one post at a time

http://www.arabian-knights.org

Offline Shuffler

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #4 on: October 20, 2016, 12:45:28 PM »
Missed it by that much........ need to make a call on my boot phone.
80th FS "Headhunters"

S.A.P.P.- Secret Association Of P-38 Pilots (Lightning In A Bottle)

Offline Chilli

• Platinum Member
« Reply #5 on: October 20, 2016, 02:05:29 PM »
Something weird happened today also.  I was on for ~ 2 hours with 70 plus online players and NOTHING HAPPENED!  :bhead  I fell asleep before I could find anyone in the air.  Thought I was alone until I ran into 3 other fellas strafing a field to get some sort of response.  If there was a response, it was to resupply the ack.  :rofl

The win the warz has gone too far.  Back to my nap..... well, at least I don't need to count sheep anymore    :bolt:

Offline LocoMoto

• Copper Member
« Reply #6 on: October 23, 2016, 02:34:50 PM »
There I was, intercepting & destroying a set of Lancs in a 190A-8.  :ahand
They had been NOE, never came close to a friendly base and were flying through several totally quiet sectors. And I was flying directly at them. So I braced myself for the inevitable "cheat/hack/shade/spy" PMs.  :uhoh

They never came   :confused:

Instead said player and a fellow pilot upped again and scanned all around that route obviosly in search for a CV that could had given him away to me. And they found & sunk it.   :airplane:

This is an irritating departure from established AH protocol. If that kind of reasoning is getting standard, the game won't be the same anymore  :old:
Best write up of good game play in a longtime!

Offline LocoMoto

• Copper Member
« Reply #7 on: October 23, 2016, 08:32:12 PM »
Something weird happened today also.  I was on for ~ 2 hours with 70 plus online players and NOTHING HAPPENED!  :bhead  I fell asleep before I could find anyone in the air.  Thought I was alone until I ran into 3 other fellas strafing a field to get some sort of response.  If there was a response, it was to resupply the ack.  :rofl

The win the warz has gone too far.  Back to my nap..... well, at least I don't need to count sheep anymore    :bolt:
The win the warz crowed will always be there. Times like that call for group play. Pushing a base or jabo fighter sweeps will start up a good fight. If you can't find a group maybe switch countries :old:

Offline Rich46yo

• Platinum Member
« Reply #8 on: October 24, 2016, 01:49:04 PM »
That map tells you all sorts of things if you watch it closely. I know once we had a serial side switcher "I forget his name" who busted up our missions for months "I mean we'd be watching and time after time he'd switch to the other side after we posted and launched a mission and we could set our clock to when and where he'd be waiting with his Typhie". Time after time.

But other then that one guy I really cant remember any shenanigans in AH. Compared to the big FPS's this game is clean as a church.
"flying the aircraft of the Red Star"

Offline Shuffler

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #9 on: October 25, 2016, 03:05:46 AM »
That map tells you all sorts of things if you watch it closely. I know once we had a serial side switcher "I forget his name" who busted up our missions for months "I mean we'd be watching and time after time he'd switch to the other side after we posted and launched a mission and we could set our clock to when and where he'd be waiting with his Typhie". Time after time.

But other then that one guy I really cant remember any shenanigans in AH. Compared to the big FPS's this game is clean as a church.

Lol launch then change targets. Poor kid will be so lonely.
80th FS "Headhunters"

S.A.P.P.- Secret Association Of P-38 Pilots (Lightning In A Bottle)

Offline Rich46yo

• Platinum Member
« Reply #10 on: October 25, 2016, 10:14:17 AM »
Lol launch then change targets. Poor kid will be so lonely.

We did yet he would still hang around on the comm channel. It was all so idiotic. But all in all this is the one game where Ive never worried about cheating or Hacks. LOL the BF and COD series have an entire Industry of Hacks and that gets really old.
"flying the aircraft of the Red Star"

Offline Chilli

• Platinum Member
« Reply #11 on: October 25, 2016, 01:45:27 PM »
The win the warz crowed will always be there. Times like that call for group play. Pushing a base or jabo fighter sweeps will start up a good fight. If you can't find a group maybe switch countries :old:

This morning on this same map with a fraction of the number of players on (possibly 21 total) I have to give a big  :salute to JJ, MrRee, Tai9k, MrJousts and Copprhed.  Forgive my memory, I know there were more combatants.

I upped a Corsair in attack mode to draw some attention from an enemy aircraft in that sector.  I misjudged my time available to dump my load and be ready for action, but action there WAS!!   :x

We romped back and forth with both air and ground forces for the better part of an hour and half (at least).  The time to the fight was almost immediate and for that number of total participants action filled.