Author Topic: Double Trees  (Read 241 times)

Offline Chalenge

• Plutonium Member
Double Trees
« on: November 16, 2016, 11:39:40 AM »
Windows 10 64 Pro, AcesHigh11, CraterMA, Field A1.

I was testing different graphic details settings when I noticed that this tree is placed twice very close together. You can see the double branches, and when it animates you can see that each leaf is repeated in place.

Is it possible that this is a bug? Should I check all trees?

(EDIT): I did not find it difficult to find other examples, although not every tree has repeated placements. Could this be causing the pausing issues we have been seeing?
« Last Edit: November 16, 2016, 01:22:21 PM by Skuzzy »
If you like the Sick Puppy Custom Sound Pack the please consider contributing for future updates by sending a months dues to Hitech Creations for account "Chalenge." Every little bit helps.

Offline JimmyC

• Platinum Member
Re: Double Trees
« Reply #1 on: November 17, 2016, 12:11:48 AM »

Is it possible that this is a bug? Should I check all trees?

Well I give you 10 outta 10 for dedication..you best Crack on..there are quite a few trees to check.
Maybe Also leave no stone unturned
CO 71 "Eagle" Squadron RAF
"I'd rather have a bottle in front of me than a frontal lobotomy."

Offline 100Coogn

• Gold Member
« Reply #2 on: November 17, 2016, 01:31:16 AM »
Well I give you 10 outta 10 for dedication..you best Crack on..there are quite a few trees to check.
Maybe Also leave no stone unturned

I don't think he meant every single tree...   :)

Coogan
From Wiley: If you're hitting them after they drop, that's not defense, that is revenge.
Game Id's:
AHIII: Coogan
RDR2: Coogan_Bear
MSFS-2020: Coogan Bear

Offline Chalenge

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #3 on: November 17, 2016, 07:42:35 AM »
Yeah, most of the trees are copies of groups. It's pretty easy to sort through them.

What I did find is that SpeedTrees has had some issues that create the flashing trees at a distance issue that we see. I did not see where they found a fix for the problem, but I guess they are working on it. ST is a very solid product that everyone uses from AAA game titles to Hollywood (even Disney), so it's not a very likely source of the pause-and-play freezes but it still could be.

Just another level of searching out the problem.
If you like the Sick Puppy Custom Sound Pack the please consider contributing for future updates by sending a months dues to Hitech Creations for account "Chalenge." Every little bit helps.