Author Topic: Dark Screen on Start up  (Read 1406 times)

Offline pep127

• Zinc Member
Dark Screen on Start up
« on: November 05, 2016, 04:13:50 PM »
I completed the download, and went to open it up and it appears to working however I can not see anything the screen is dark. The music is playing in the background. I uninstalled and reinstalled .. No help..   :bhead 

Offline The Fugitive

• Plutonium Member
      • Fugi's Aces Help
Re: Dark Screen on Start up
« Reply #1 on: November 05, 2016, 04:18:07 PM »
A good place to start would be for you to post your Dxdiag..... well the top third up to and including <sound devices>

Offline Canspec

• Silver Member
« Reply #2 on: November 05, 2016, 05:40:01 PM »
This is happening to me as well......since I asked to be included in the Oculus list.....not sure if this is the cause, but I can't play the game at all now due to black screen. I do still see some text, but nothing else. I have reloaded the game and it initially starts ok...then goes black screen.
« Last Edit: November 05, 2016, 05:41:45 PM by Canspec »

Offline Skuzzy

• Support Member
  • Administrator
      • HiTech Creations Home Page
« Reply #3 on: November 06, 2016, 06:04:30 AM »
I completed the download, and went to open it up and it appears to working however I can not see anything the screen is dark. The music is playing in the background. I uninstalled and reinstalled .. No help..   :bhead

A DXDIAG output might be helpful.  Also, did you try both the DX9 and DX11 versions of the game?

This is happening to me as well......since I asked to be included in the Oculus list.....not sure if this is the cause, but I can't play the game at all now due to black screen. I do still see some text, but nothing else. I have reloaded the game and it initially starts ok...then goes black screen.

Has nothing to do with the Oculus list.  None of the other Oculus users are having an issue.  Are you sure you are starting the DX11 version of the game?

You might try installing the full version of the game into a new folder to see if yours is corrupt.  Just note the full install does not install a desktop ICON linked to the DX11 version.  You will have to start the DX11 version from the Windows Start menu.
Roy "Skuzzy" Neese
support@hitechcreations.com

Offline Canspec

• Silver Member
« Reply #4 on: November 08, 2016, 01:25:58 AM »
Tried your suggestion. Newly downloaded game worked until I went into the game graphics selection to make selections to improve fps. Once selected, black screen again and nothing I did could get it back to normal.

Offline Skuzzy

• Support Member
  • Administrator
      • HiTech Creations Home Page
« Reply #5 on: November 08, 2016, 06:03:28 AM »
Tried your suggestion. Newly downloaded game worked until I went into the game graphics selection to make selections to improve fps. Once selected, black screen again and nothing I did could get it back to normal.

What changes did you make?  Was it only going black in the Oculus headset, or on the monitor as well?
Roy "Skuzzy" Neese
support@hitechcreations.com

Offline Canspec

• Silver Member
« Reply #6 on: November 08, 2016, 11:44:45 AM »
Max texture size was blank. Selected 4096 and everything went back to normal. Game must have download this way as I did not make changes to that box when I downloaded yesterday. Anyway it now appears to be fixed. Thanks.

Offline MajWoody

• Gold Member
« Reply #7 on: November 20, 2016, 07:14:09 PM »
I have this same issue and it doesn't matter what texture setting, or dx9 or 11.
Will post specs later
Lets keep the stupid to a minimum.
Old Age and Treachery, will overcome youth and skill EVERYTIME

Offline RELIC

• Nickel Member
      • http://DFA-Squad.org/
« Reply #8 on: November 20, 2016, 09:34:05 PM »
This sounds similar to the problem I am having.  Are you guys getting error messages in the text buffer when you jump from the tower to the hanger?
DGSII Scenario-2012  352nd FG/487th FS
P-51D "Cold Gin"
Noseart

Offline RELIC

• Nickel Member
      • http://DFA-Squad.org/
« Reply #9 on: November 20, 2016, 09:41:21 PM »
Yep my texture size was blank.  Changed it to 4096 and game is working.
DGSII Scenario-2012  352nd FG/487th FS
P-51D "Cold Gin"
Noseart

Offline MajWoody

• Gold Member
« Reply #10 on: November 21, 2016, 12:22:48 AM »
I sent a Dxdiag to skuzzy  Hope it's a simple fix. 
Lets keep the stupid to a minimum.
Old Age and Treachery, will overcome youth and skill EVERYTIME