Author Topic: Please rate "Tunisia 1943" scenario  (Read 3396 times)

Offline Devil 505

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Plutonium Member
Re: Please rate "Tunisia 1943" scenario
« Reply #30 on: October 30, 2016, 03:34:41 PM »
Actually, the players decided where and what I would fly in the topic "Decide what Brooke should fly in October's Tunisia Scenario", which I started on August 1st.

I forgot about this thread. My apologies.

But you can't deny benefiting from the problems in the Attack set and the rules on ship hardness.
« Last Edit: October 30, 2016, 03:38:06 PM by Devil 505 »
Kommando Nowotny

FlyKommando.com

Offline Shuffler

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #31 on: November 02, 2016, 06:48:48 AM »
I enjoyed flying in the scenario. I give it a 0. Not for the scenario so much as all the folks bellyaching over a game.

Hope any of the newer folks do not think this is how the scenarios really are. If they do then it will get harder to fill the future rosters.
80th FS "Headhunters"

S.A.P.P.- Secret Association Of P-38 Pilots (Lightning In A Bottle)

Offline Sloehand

• Silver Member
« Reply #32 on: November 02, 2016, 07:39:53 PM »
I have to agree with Ditto on the major issues experienced.

If the scoring rules as well as the rules regarding ship targets in Phase 4 were clear and concise, I would have scored this scenario much higher.

The other issue pertains to the need for total transparency by event designers going forward. There still exists the perception of biased CM's and decisions by Brooke in this scenario only reinforced them.

1. Despite my arguments about equalizing the ord carrying ability of the A-20 to equal the 190F-8 and the 110C, Brooke saw to it that the A-20 was allowed double the capability of both Axis attack aircraft. (2000 lbs for the A-20 vs. 1100 lbs for the 190 and 110)

2. The required damage to sink ships was exactly 2000 lbs. Why was one side given the ability to sink one ship with a single plane while the other side could needed two planes to sink a ship?

Brooke's decision to lead the A-20 squadron raises questions over the refusal to equalize the attack aircraft and selection of 2000 lbs as the required damage needed to sink a ship.

When one is in control of such an event, one should always avoid ANYTHING that could possibly cause the slightest 'perception of impropriety' in the players.  As a rule, it is also smashingly good for 'plausible deniability' after the fact.  :banana:
Jagdgeschwader 77

"You sleep safe in your beds because rough men stand ready in the night to visit violence on those who would do you harm."  - George Orwell
"Those who would give up essential Liberty, to purchase a little temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety." - Benjamin Franklin

Offline Sloehand

• Silver Member
« Reply #33 on: November 05, 2016, 06:55:41 AM »
I think it was a 4+, or even a 4.5+ really trying hard to be a total kick-ass 5+, but just falling slightly short.
Jagdgeschwader 77

"You sleep safe in your beds because rough men stand ready in the night to visit violence on those who would do you harm."  - George Orwell
"Those who would give up essential Liberty, to purchase a little temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety." - Benjamin Franklin

Offline FBDragon

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Nickel Member
« Reply #34 on: November 05, 2016, 10:55:31 AM »
+4, just a few non important things for me that keep me from giving it a +5 :salute :salute :salute
Kommando Nowotny
XO
To Win The Winter Sky
Gl 1/Jg 11

Offline Owlblink

• Nickel Member
« Reply #35 on: December 19, 2016, 12:50:13 PM »
+5
Kommando Nowotny FSO
80th FS "Headhunters"