Author Topic: keyboard not working in tank mode  (Read 485 times)

Offline bortas1

• Silver Member
keyboard not working in tank mode
« on: December 17, 2016, 10:48:24 PM »
 :salute hey all my keyboard not working in tank mode. will not start. I'm m3 will open doors that's it. any thoughts? :cheers:
thanks in advice
bortas1

Offline Bizman

• Plutonium Member
Re: keyboard not working in tank mode
« Reply #1 on: December 18, 2016, 03:24:32 AM »
If you expect the same functions to work as in a plane, you'll have to map them to vehicles. I believe your text buffer says "Control Mode 2 selected" when you up a vehicle. In Clipboard/Options/Map Controllers choose Control Mode 2 from the drop down menu. That will also activate a button in the upper left corner saying "Copy Mode 1" which might give you a good starting point in modifying the vehicle controls to your liking.

Hope that helps.
Quote from: BaldEagl, applies to myself, too
I've got an older system by today's standards that still runs the game well by my standards.

Kotisivuni

Offline bortas1

• Silver Member
« Reply #2 on: December 24, 2016, 07:42:39 PM »
 :salute thanks for the feedback still having trouble mapping :cheers:
I always thought the keyboard was default?
« Last Edit: December 24, 2016, 08:34:52 PM by bortas1 »

Offline Bizman

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #3 on: December 25, 2016, 03:35:20 AM »
It would help if you told which functions you're having trouble with.
Quote from: BaldEagl, applies to myself, too
I've got an older system by today's standards that still runs the game well by my standards.

Kotisivuni

Offline The Fugitive

• Plutonium Member
      • Fugi's Aces Help
« Reply #4 on: December 25, 2016, 07:45:08 AM »
:salute thanks for the feedback still having trouble mapping :cheers:
I always thought the keyboard was default?

The keyboard is the default setup for most commands. Also default is the switch to "mode 2" when jumping into a GV I think. In the picture below, the top drop down box has "Saitek X45 flight control stick" yours should have what ever stick you are using or "mouse" if you have no stick. The drop down box BELOW that one is the one you need to check. It is labeled "Mode Selection" "Mode 1 (planes and Default)" and below that the "auto select mode at start"

Click the arrow and the drop down will open, select "Mode 2 (Vehicle and boats)". This will show you what is mapped to the keyboard in mode 2. If auto select mode is checked , when you jump into a GV this is the mappings that will be used. Be sure the commands you are trying to use are mapped out in this mode or they will not work.