Author Topic: New Flak bases and uncapterable designation.  (Read 376 times)

Offline bustr

• Plutonium Member
New Flak bases and uncapterable designation.
« on: December 03, 2016, 01:46:03 PM »
Are the new flak bases uncapturable by default or, do we have to tag them that way in the editor? Do they count for the required three or are they required to be uncapturable when set next to the HQ and city?
bustr - POTW 1st Wing

This is like the old joke that voters are harsher to their beer brewer if he has an outage, than their politicians after raising their taxes. Death and taxes are certain but, fun and sex is only now.

Offline Easyscor

• Plutonium Member
Re: New Flak bases and uncapterable designation.
« Reply #1 on: December 03, 2016, 06:48:15 PM »
They have a maproom so yes, they can be captured unless you manually make them uncapturable. As for the rest...
Easy in-game again.
Since Tour 19 - 2001

Offline bustr

• Plutonium Member
Re: New Flak bases and uncapterable designation.
« Reply #2 on: December 03, 2016, 10:52:16 PM »
Greebo has all the flak bases set to uncapturable on CraterMA but, he is using them only to defend strats. I'm using one for the HQ and one for the city in each country since I have those strat at their minimum distance. I have a three mile GV spawn to each, so I figure the bomber guys needed some help. I think they will have issues with the 25k AFT management caldera wall with no breaks in it that all the HQ are a few miles from.

If you fat finger and give a base a number out of sequence, the terrain editor will throw a windows error and close itself. I was creating base 96 and fat fingered 965 without seeing it. Did a save, then realized I needed to move the base about 8 miles. When I did the next save, the terrain editor would not stop throwing errors until I manually deleted that line from the oba file and deleted the contents of the stdshape directory. Reminds me of my cats, they meow and pester me when anything is wrong including it's their time to be petted. At least the editor doesn't hide errors from you and then that art form all it's own figuring them out. I only have the bases for the last country to go......
bustr - POTW 1st Wing

This is like the old joke that voters are harsher to their beer brewer if he has an outage, than their politicians after raising their taxes. Death and taxes are certain but, fun and sex is only now.