Author Topic: Downloading multiple files from iCloud Drive?  (Read 216 times)

Offline 63tb

• Copper Member
Downloading multiple files from iCloud Drive?
« on: January 19, 2017, 10:04:18 AM »
Folks, I'm looking for some help downloading multiple files from iCloud Drive.

I have an old Windows laptop that has crash issues, and it has a lot of pictures on it (500+). I wanted to get all these off and onto someplace safe and accessible, before the laptop dies completely.

I had heard about iCloud Drive, and thought that would be an easy way to go (thinking I could access/download the pics to my iPhone or iPad).

I was able to upload all the pics to iCloud Drive with no problem. I can also access the pics individually from my iPad & iPhone, as well as from a Mac. However it seems that I can only download individual pics. I haven't found a way to "select all" and download them all, or even in groups. Downloading 500+ pics one by one would be a pain.

Does anyone know if there is a way to transfer multiple files off iCloud Drive?

Thanks

63tb

Online Bizman

• Plutonium Member
Re: Downloading multiple files from iCloud Drive?
« Reply #1 on: January 19, 2017, 10:17:00 AM »
Download iCloud for Windows and make it synchronize the cloud with your PC.

https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT201391
Quote from: BaldEagl, applies to myself, too
I've got an older system by today's standards that still runs the game well by my standards.

Kotisivuni

Offline Shuffler

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #2 on: January 19, 2017, 12:02:05 PM »
Yes my android phone (galaxy 7 edge), computer at home and work, and my iPad all automatically sync my contacts and pictures.. I do this so I have backups everywhere.

Never used I cloud as I have had my own cloud way before there was a name for it.
80th FS "Headhunters"

S.A.P.P.- Secret Association Of P-38 Pilots (Lightning In A Bottle)

Offline 63tb

• Copper Member
« Reply #3 on: January 19, 2017, 08:36:31 PM »
Bizman, iCloud for Windows was what I used to get the pics off the laptop to iCloud Drive. What I need is something similar for iPad or iPhone to download them off iCloud Drive.

Shuffler,  it seems like iCloud Drive doesn't have a "sync" function to get files downloaded off iCloud Drive.

63tb

Online Bizman

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #4 on: January 20, 2017, 11:24:54 AM »
Quote from: BaldEagl, applies to myself, too
I've got an older system by today's standards that still runs the game well by my standards.

Kotisivuni

Offline bustr

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #5 on: January 20, 2017, 02:36:10 PM »
In a pinch put them on a USB stick or multiple sticks and upload later to iCloud.
bustr - POTW 1st Wing

This is like the old joke that voters are harsher to their beer brewer if he has an outage, than their politicians after raising their taxes. Death and taxes are certain but, fun and sex is only now.