Author Topic: Aircraft crash/explosions below ground level  (Read 356 times)

Offline oboe

• Plutonium Member
Aircraft crash/explosions below ground level
« on: January 19, 2017, 08:15:31 AM »
I've been keeping my eye on explosion graphics lately and one thing I've noticed is when a plane crashes into the ground (often mine and I'm watching from my chute), I don't see as large an explosion as I would expect - but in multiple cases I've noticed the aircraft disappears into the ground and the explosion (or bulk of it) seems to occur below grade - we see only the small portion of the explosion because most of it occurs underground.

« Last Edit: January 23, 2017, 02:38:21 PM by Skuzzy »

Offline BowHTR

• Gold Member
Re: Aircraft crash/explosions below ground level
« Reply #1 on: January 19, 2017, 08:38:38 AM »
I've seen this a couple times myself. I just wrote it off as some type of lag. I'll have to watch more closely next time.
AH Supporter Since Tour 35

Offline hitech

• Administrator
  • Administrator
      • http://www.hitechcreations.com
« Reply #2 on: January 19, 2017, 09:00:57 AM »
I've seen this a couple times myself. I just wrote it off as some type of lag. I'll have to watch more closely next time.

It is some type of lag. To fix it, I would just put it at ground level and not where the plane was predicted to be.

HiTech

Offline oboe

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #3 on: January 23, 2017, 07:24:06 AM »
I hope you are able to fix this.  The other day I was near a Lanc that went in with a flaming engine - the fire and smoke from the engine fire is nicely done and looks good.  But when the plane crashed, it just disappeared underground, and no impact explosion was visible.

I'd even like to see an impact explosion + debris, fire, and maybe a secondary explosion that continue on ground surface in the direction of the plane's travel...