Author Topic: Can't register on forum?  (Read 279 times)

Offline cav58d

• Gold Member
Can't register on forum?
« on: February 04, 2017, 11:19:39 AM »
I have a friend that is interested in AH and he can't register on the forum.  The verifications letters at the end of registration are never accepted.  He sent me a screen shot of them and I can confirm he is definitely typing them in correctly.  Well, to the best of my ability to decipher what those letters are.  This is prolly the most difficult site for registration i've ever seen.  Something worth looking into, and it may have a small impact on why the community has a hard time growing?
<S> Lyme

Sick Puppies II

412th Friday Night Volunteer Group

Offline Bizman

• Plutonium Member
Re: Can't register on forum?
« Reply #1 on: February 04, 2017, 12:54:52 PM »
FWIW I tried to duplicate the issue and this is what I found:

First, when asking for another image, instead of changing the letters only the clutter changes, the letters remain the same.

Second, when asking for audio both PaleMoon and Firefox Plugin Containers crashed when trying to open the VLC plugin, C++ thingy stopped in an unusual way or something like that. I have both Disconnect and Adblock Latitude active on PaleMoon, but the Firefox is plain vanilla for testing purposes. Iron Portable could reproduce audio, so basically it works.
Quote from: BaldEagl, applies to myself, too
I've got an older system by today's standards that still runs the game well by my standards.

Kotisivuni

Offline Skuzzy

• Support Member
  • Administrator
      • HiTech Creations Home Page
« Reply #2 on: February 04, 2017, 05:56:22 PM »
The verification test is as simple as allowed.  Even the auto-spammers have it figured out as we get hit with 30 to 40 spam applications a day.

If anything, we need to kick it up a notch.
Roy "Skuzzy" Neese
support@hitechcreations.com

Offline Bizman

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #3 on: February 05, 2017, 03:25:52 AM »
cav58d, one possible cause popped into my mind: Did your friend fill in all the required fields? I don't know how the system informs about missing information, but on other occasions I've seen forms missing marks for required information.
Quote from: BaldEagl, applies to myself, too
I've got an older system by today's standards that still runs the game well by my standards.

Kotisivuni