Author Topic: some questions about the feb fso  (Read 1270 times)

Offline Squire

• Aces High CM Staff (Retired)
  • Platinum Member
Re: some questions about the feb fso
« Reply #15 on: February 04, 2017, 10:07:36 PM »
We try our best Alpini but as you well know the CMs cannot control what squad #s will be in any given frame. Anyways I hope there was fun out there.  :salute
Warloc
Friday Squad Ops CM Team
1841 Squadron Fleet Air Arm
Aces High since Tour 24

Offline Devil 505

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #16 on: February 04, 2017, 10:27:51 PM »
We try our best Alpini but as you well know the CMs cannot control what squad #s will be in any given frame. Anyways I hope there was fun out there.  :salute

Does the CM team keep a spreadsheet of squad attendance numbers? Perhaps keeping one could help identify squads who are usually on the high or low side and factor that into the side balance as well. If one side has many squads that are usually low, you can recognize a potential balance problem before the first frame by looking back a couple of months. This way, you might be able to better estimate actual side attendance beyond just the collective min and max.
Kommando Nowotny

FlyKommando.com

Offline Bino

• Platinum Member
« Reply #17 on: February 05, 2017, 09:46:27 AM »
Does the CM team keep a spreadsheet of squad attendance numbers?

I used to track just that in XLS files, which was a very time-consuming, completely manual process. Aside from the usual slump in numbers around the major USA year-end holidays, I don't think we ever spotted any overall attendance patterns.

<shrug>

"The plural of 'anecdote' is not 'data'." - Randy Pausch

PC Specs

Offline snakeplissken

• Silver Member
« Reply #18 on: February 05, 2017, 04:28:09 PM »
Bino!  You have had enough R & R!  Get your tail back to work! I except your application within 48 hours!
The Unforgiven motto: Quid posset ire iniuriam

Offline snakeplissken

• Silver Member
« Reply #19 on: February 05, 2017, 07:24:18 PM »
Yes. I accept and expect.
The Unforgiven motto: Quid posset ire iniuriam

Offline SlipKnt

• Gold Member
« Reply #20 on: February 06, 2017, 11:30:25 AM »
thank you for the answers.....but what about when the MAX allowable plane allowance is exceeded?  what kind of penalties are imposed for that transgression?

I thought I answered this question. 

If a side exceeds the max allowed plane (s) for that frame a hefty penalty is incurred and would be annotated on the results of the frame when the points / scores are listed.  I don't know how many points per plane.  I think it depends on the situation and how a particular event is scored.  But it is accounted for.  That is a Design CM question but I do know it is addressed and annotated...  Hope that helps.
AKSlpKnT
Arabian Knights
DCS:
SlipKnoT
vCSG-3, VMA-513 Flying Nightmares (AV8B)

Offline alpini13

• Nickel Member
« Reply #21 on: February 06, 2017, 10:22:23 PM »
   thank you all so much. i know in the past when i was on one side or another, when there was a plane  with a max, they were assigned.  specific units would be alotted so many until the max was reached....if there were more pilots in  one of those squads, they were told to take other planes.  thanks again.

Offline Devil 505

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #22 on: February 06, 2017, 11:33:15 PM »
   thank you all so much. i know in the past when i was on one side or another, when there was a plane  with a max, they were assigned.  specific units would be alotted so many until the max was reached....if there were more pilots in  one of those squads, they were told to take other planes.  thanks again.

Doing that is not a rule, per se, but it should be common sense for CiC's to write their orders that way.
Kommando Nowotny

FlyKommando.com

Offline captain1ma

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Plutonium Member
      • JG54 website
« Reply #23 on: February 08, 2017, 06:38:21 AM »
I can attest that one squad was over and we took one them in, to help keep balance and numbers where they should be. several months ago the allies came in short, ok no biggy. then a few months ago the axis came in short. it just swings back and forth. I don't see anyone making a big deal out of it, and there really isn't any way to control it, short of paying people to play the game. I don't understand why people want to either fix or analyze something that's out of everyone's control. fix what's fixable! this isn't!

my final answer is deal with it, stop trying to psycho-analyze it, and have fun!

JG54-- sometimes we all die, we have just as much fun as if we all lived. that's how we roll!

Offline alpini13

• Nickel Member
« Reply #24 on: February 08, 2017, 02:23:00 PM »
well...once again, thanks for all the answers, i guess what everyone is trying to tell me is some people care about rules and some people dont care...thats just how they roll.  thanks again

Offline nooby52

• Silver Member
« Reply #25 on: February 08, 2017, 03:14:08 PM »
well...once again, thanks for all the answers, i guess what everyone is trying to tell me is some people care about rules and some people dont care...thats just how they roll.  thanks again

Alpini, I don't think that's a fair statement. Some "rules" should be look at as guidelines, something one should strive to adhere to as much as possible. I'm sure habitual offenders are dealt with in an appropriate manner so that things don't get out of hand. Simply because a rule gets bent a little, through rl issues, human error, whathaveyou, doesn't mean some of the participants in here don't care about the rules. I for one am glad we have them, and pray for a bit of leniency if or when our squad goes over the limit or doesn't meet the minimum, try as we might to do the right thing.  :salute

Flying as "South52" for VF-17 Jolly Rogers
17 Squadron - The Hardest Day Battle of Britain
204 Kokutai - Target Rabaul
610 Squadron -TFT Battle of Britain

Offline Alpo

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Silver Member
« Reply #26 on: February 08, 2017, 03:16:04 PM »

No Allied squad was over/under their total pilot numbers that I can see.  Sure, it looks as if a couple of folks launched in P51Bs instead of a Jug or Lightning.

As a member of the Axis, I feel it only fair that two P51Bs be scratched from the scoring... I hereby nominate Bluwaffle and Rud3boi  :noid

:rofl   :bolt:
SkyKnights Fighter Group -CO-
R.I.P.  SKDenny 02/03/1940 - 02/19/2012

Offline alpini13

• Nickel Member
« Reply #27 on: February 08, 2017, 10:37:45 PM »
alpo does make a valid point.

Offline Alpo

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Silver Member