Author Topic: film viewer time  (Read 480 times)

Offline caldera

• Platinum Member
film viewer time
« on: February 10, 2017, 06:04:06 AM »
Is there a way to set the time in offline mode in order to have the time in the film viewer remain constant? 

Trying to get screenshots from films often is frustrating because the light in the film is much darker than it was during the live recording of the sortie.  If you leave the film viewer up long enough, the time will even change.
"Then out spake brave Horatius, the Captain of the gate:
 To every man upon this earth, death cometh soon or late.
 And how can man die better, than facing fearful odds.
 For the ashes of his fathers and the temples of his Gods."

Offline FLS

• AH Training Corps
  • Plutonium Member
      • Trainer's Website
Re: film viewer time
« Reply #1 on: February 10, 2017, 03:00:06 PM »
You can try setting the multiplier to 0. If that doesn't work try setting the time you want as well as setting the multiplier to 0. The time setting is in arena settings/environment.

If setting the multiplier doesn't work you can restart the film viewer to reset the time to the film time.

Offline caldera

• Platinum Member
« Reply #2 on: February 11, 2017, 05:49:13 AM »
On a related note, all my films appear darker than when they were recorded.  Does the gamma setting not carry over to the film viewer?  I keep it at 1.5. 
"Then out spake brave Horatius, the Captain of the gate:
 To every man upon this earth, death cometh soon or late.
 And how can man die better, than facing fearful odds.
 For the ashes of his fathers and the temples of his Gods."

Offline 8thJinx

• Silver Member
« Reply #3 on: February 21, 2017, 08:03:24 AM »
On a related note, all my films appear darker than when they were recorded.  Does the gamma setting not carry over to the film viewer?  I keep it at 1.5.

Lol, mine always look lighter.  I'd be interested in finding out if the gamma carries over or not, also.

B-24H Liberator SN 294837-T, "The Jinx", 848th BS, 490th BG, 8th AF, RAF Station Eye, delivered 1943.  Piloted by Lt. Thomas Keyes, named by by his crew, and adorned with bad luck symbols, the aircraft survived the entire war.