Author Topic: trainers?  (Read 984 times)

Offline flippz

• Nickel Member
trainers?
« on: April 04, 2017, 02:22:52 PM »
these trainers I hear about, how do you catch them?  I have been referenced by many that time in the TA is what I need.  I go there all the time but hardly ever is anyone in there and when there is I cant get an answer.  I have grown very frustrated with constant up fro a field fly 7mins to a target and get shot down immediately upon arrival to the engagement.  Sunday I upped 15 times and was only rewarded with three kills in that 15 sortie set, kinda of a let down.  Monday knight (joke in there) I upped probably 20 times with I think two kills. 
I understand being killed is part of the game and have no issue with that, but its frustrating upping over and over to only be killed in the first pass or turn.  I have tried many planes with yak3 and spit 8,14 being my better planes. 
Any training may be helpful thanks in advance.

Offline Zoney

• Platinum Member
Re: trainers?
« Reply #1 on: April 04, 2017, 02:32:44 PM »
If you got 3 kills in 15 sorties then you did quite well.  This game takes time in the cockpit, and training.  I'm sure one of the trainers will be along shortly and set up an appointment for you.

:cheers:  Hang in there mate, glad you're here.
Wag more, bark less.

Offline JOACH1M

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #2 on: April 04, 2017, 02:58:06 PM »
off line practice shooting at drones.

set up  difficult shots and learn the timing needed.
FEW ~ BK's ~ AoM
Focke Wulf Me / Last Of The GOATS 🐐
ToC 2013 & 2017 Champ
R.I.P My Brothers <3

Offline FLS

• AH Training Corps
  • Plutonium Member
      • Trainer's Website
« Reply #3 on: April 04, 2017, 03:25:52 PM »
these trainers I hear about, how do you catch them?  I have been referenced by many that time in the TA is what I need.  I go there all the time but hardly ever is anyone in there and when there is I cant get an answer.  I have grown very frustrated with constant up fro a field fly 7mins to a target and get shot down immediately upon arrival to the engagement.  Sunday I upped 15 times and was only rewarded with three kills in that 15 sortie set, kinda of a let down.  Monday knight (joke in there) I upped probably 20 times with I think two kills. 
I understand being killed is part of the game and have no issue with that, but its frustrating upping over and over to only be killed in the first pass or turn.  I have tried many planes with yak3 and spit 8,14 being my better planes. 
Any training may be helpful thanks in advance.

You may run into a trainer in the training arena but it's best to make an appointment. Let us know what days and times are good for you.

You'll find that a wingman makes life easier in the arena and is also useful as a training partner once you learn what you need to practice.

Offline morfiend

• AH Training Corps
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #4 on: April 04, 2017, 04:25:23 PM »
You will find a trainer in the TA most week nights between 9 pm and 11pm est. I'm rarely on during the weekends and I never work with players on Fridays as thats the day I actually play AH!

:salute

Offline Kingpin

• AH Training Corps
  • Silver Member
« Reply #5 on: April 04, 2017, 06:27:58 PM »
The best way to make sure you get a training session is to post in this forum your In-Game ID and the days and times (including your time zone) you would like to meet.

I am happy to make training appointments. You can also feel free to PM me about making training appointments too.  My available hours for training have been reduced some, due to a large work project I picked up lasting through mid-May.  However, I can usually find time mid-week days in the evening and I can do occasional weekend times too.

I always pop into the Training Arena if I see someone in there.  If you want to fly around testing the envelope of different planes, use the bomb site that shows you where to aim in the TA to practice dive-bombing or use the .target command to practice some gunnery, those are also useful things to do in the TA before a Trainer shows up.

If you see me online (in the MA or TA) you can always feel free to ask me for help. I will often go over to the TA with people who ask for help in the MA.  I just made an appointment for tomorrow night with someone who asked me a question in the MA on Sunday.

Hope this info helps!

<S>
Kingpin (that's my in-game CS too)
« Last Edit: April 04, 2017, 06:31:15 PM by Kingpin »
Quote from: bozon
For those of us playing this game for well over a decade, Aces High is more of a social club. The game just provides the framework. I keep logging in for the people and Pipz was the kind that you keep coming to meet again.

Offline flippz

• Nickel Member
« Reply #6 on: April 05, 2017, 07:43:31 AM »
thanks for the replies guys.  I am on most evenings and weekends.  Thursday nights are bad as we have soccer karate and scouts on that night.  In game id is flippz2.  if anyone wants to post a time to meet I will check back in this thread and meet, again thanks.  Also we own a wrecker svc so if a bad wreck comes in after hours I have to respond to help, and that is usually when it happens is when I plan something so bare with me. 
I have tried the mission arena but cant quite figure it out, sometime I can catch up with a few zero but when I start turning with them they disappear? also if I get shot down I cant reup for a while?
thanks a ton guys

Offline SIK1

• AH Training Corps
  • Gold Member
« Reply #7 on: April 05, 2017, 10:25:20 AM »
Flippz, I'm West Coast U.S. Most week nights I can be found in the TA between 6:30 pm and 8:30 pm pdt. Like Morf I don't usually do training on Friday, unless there is no FSO.  I can also meet up for some weekend training if that would work better for you. You can PM me with the times that would work best for you and we'll schedule some training.

:salute
Sik
444th Air Mafia since Air Warrior
Proudly flying with VF-17

"Masters of the Air" Scenario - JG54

Offline pwooly

• Zinc Member
« Reply #8 on: April 05, 2017, 01:55:39 PM »
Setup your convergence in every plane you fly. My advice that helped me in the past was learn the planes weaknesses and strengths, both that you fly and fly against. If you think a plane your flying against can out turn you, definitely don't turn with it. If you have speed, use speed against slow planes.

When I first learned the game years ago, someone once told me to use the rudder almost religiously rudder, rudder, and more rudder.  Hope this helps. See you in the MA. <S>
« Last Edit: April 05, 2017, 01:57:10 PM by pwooly »
Unsung Legends

Offline flippz

• Nickel Member
« Reply #9 on: April 05, 2017, 03:16:25 PM »
Sik, thanks for the offer.  I'm in the right coast and me and my wife have an agreement to be off the computer by 10ish every night, and I respect her wish(mostly cause she will turn on my rig and pour water in) but I love her too,lol.  I will see if ican catch a guy on the est zone first, there is a lot more of yall than I thought. 
pwooly thank you for the advise.  I hadn't been using rudder a lot.   Then sunday I found my ch pro pedals from decades ago from playing fligh sim x.  so I hooked them up and its like learning to walk all over again.  I am a lot better on turning now, all though I do forget I have them mashed and stall, or forget I have them and try to twist my stick to line up a shot.  They are awesome for gving also. 
I have been watching some youtube videos like vudu15's and acm videos that are boring me to sleep.

Offline LTCClark

• Copper Member
« Reply #10 on: April 09, 2017, 02:11:57 AM »
flippz when you have time let me know, i can get you up in a bird and teach you a few things based upon limited knowledge and having a very low kill death ratio, with the low being the kills and the highs being the deaths.

I will first teach you when to bail out.
then I will go on to say, never climb with a K4, F4U1a, or a Ki84.

I will teach you what shift tab is for, and  once you find that out you will swear people are using it in the MA to kill you.

I will skip all of the BFM and ACM, as they never apply to cartoon airplanes.

Instead I will simply be a target in a custom arena where you will have more than ample amounts of ammo to put rounds into me.

Just kidding.

But using a buddy to just get a feel for everything is where it all starts.

Cheers!  Cybro Speaks?

Sent from my SM-N920P using Tapatalk

Get VoiceBot and Use Speech for game commands
www.voicebot.net
AutoHotkey and Software repo maps etc for AHIII

Offline flippz

• Nickel Member
« Reply #11 on: April 10, 2017, 10:51:10 AM »
thanks Lt col. clark,  had a great time winging with yall the other knight when youre a knight.  I will take you up on that real soon.  evenings are crazy right now with schedules but will look to get some wing time training real soon. 
I don't get how one night I can up and get at least one kill per (most) sorties and other nights I can up 40 times and die on the first merge of every fight.

Offline The Fugitive

• Plutonium Member
      • Fugi's Aces Help
« Reply #12 on: April 10, 2017, 10:58:04 AM »
some times your the windshield,  some times your the bug! 😀

you fought me pretty well Saturday.  you in a spit, me in a p47. hit ya a few times but couldnt finish you off before you got friends coming out from you field  <S>

Offline horble

• Silver Member
« Reply #13 on: April 10, 2017, 11:14:55 AM »
Hit me up in the arena, if I'm not doing some stuff with squaddies I'll see if I can help you out.
Just some guy

Offline flippz

• Nickel Member
« Reply #14 on: April 10, 2017, 01:50:54 PM »
some times your the windshield,  some times your the bug! 😀

you fought me pretty well Saturday.  you in a spit, me in a p47. hit ya a few times but couldnt finish you off before you got friends coming out from you field  <S>
you mean wiggling and squirming, still trying to learn the p47 and f4u (how to fight them.  Would love to learn to fly them.  watching the guys in I think the 56th are amazing in the p47m and watching rud3 in his f4u is really cool, old coot can get one to dance as well.  it was a good fight <S>.

Horble I will definitely hit you up. thanks