Author Topic: Aces High III Terrain Editor Manual  (Read 2871 times)

Offline Devil 505

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Plutonium Member
Re: Aces High III Terrain Editor Manual
« Reply #15 on: March 28, 2017, 07:18:51 PM »
Is it possible to place the WW1 tower/map room on a base object for use with WW2 items?
Kommando Nowotny

FlyKommando.com

Offline Kanth

• Gold Member
« Reply #16 on: March 28, 2017, 08:15:55 PM »

Yep was really excited to see that fix!!!   :banana: :banana: :banana:

Already reverted back to using the regular object right after updating.  I'm like three or more terrains away from the one I was doing.  :rofl
Amazing things going on now.  :x

Glad it's working for you.

15. Fixed duplicate map rooms and hangar objects in ww1hgr and map room shapes.

When you have a chance, edit your .oba file and use the default wwi airfield. You've gained some nice experience that will help you in the future.

:cheers:
Gone from the game. Please see Spikes or Nefarious for any Ahevents.net admin needs.

Offline Kanth

• Gold Member
« Reply #17 on: March 30, 2017, 07:41:46 AM »
note:

scrolling forward on your mouse while using the zoom keys makes it go faster and scrolling backward makes it go slower.
note sure if that's in the instructions but it might save time.  That and zooming out to a good working view of an area and choosing to save that view.

Just to be clear I'm not talking about the map view.

If you are holding down W on the terrain itself and at the same time scroll your mouse fwd or backward.  Same with all directions. 
« Last Edit: March 30, 2017, 07:47:13 AM by Kanth »
Gone from the game. Please see Spikes or Nefarious for any Ahevents.net admin needs.

Offline hitech

• Administrator
  • Administrator
      • http://www.hitechcreations.com
« Reply #18 on: March 30, 2017, 03:51:49 PM »
note:

scrolling forward on your mouse while using the zoom keys makes it go faster and scrolling backward makes it go slower.
note sure if that's in the instructions but it might save time.  That and zooming out to a good working view of an area and choosing to save that view.

Just to be clear I'm not talking about the map view.

If you are holding down W on the terrain itself and at the same time scroll your mouse fwd or backward.  Same with all directions.

Just checking you know all the movement keys of wsadqz? Along with the mouse point your view with the right mouse button.

HiTech

Offline hitech

• Administrator
  • Administrator
      • http://www.hitechcreations.com
« Reply #19 on: March 30, 2017, 03:55:58 PM »
Also on the map maker I plane on having a base layer/bmp texture that you can make, this will be what water looks like.

Then Ill draw the terrain on top  of that first layer. Followed by an on top layer/bmp you can have to put grid/labels or what ever else you wish.

Sounds like a good Friday project.

HiTech

Offline Kanth

• Gold Member
« Reply #20 on: March 30, 2017, 05:05:24 PM »

Yes  :aok

Just checking you know all the movement keys of wsadqz? Along with the mouse point your view with the right mouse button.

HiTech

Offline Kanth

• Gold Member
« Reply #21 on: March 30, 2017, 05:11:35 PM »

Cool I was just wondering how I could label my city and possibly also the fortifications.

like this bad screen capture but on the terrain. Labels would work great for that.  I've seen some maps with words on them in scenarios. Not sure how that was done.  I have a lot to learn.

Also on the map maker I plane on having a base layer/bmp texture that you can make, this will be what water looks like.

Then Ill draw the terrain on top  of that first layer. Followed by an on top layer/bmp you can have to put grid/labels or what ever else you wish.

Sounds like a good Friday project.

HiTech

Offline Easyscor

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #22 on: May 05, 2017, 05:28:22 PM »
Cool I was just wondering how I could label my city and possibly also the fortifications.

like this bad screen capture but on the terrain. Labels would work great for that.  I've seen some maps with words on them in scenarios. Not sure how that was done.  I have a lot to learn.

(Image removed from quote.)

I was out of town for a couple of weeks and missed this. GIMP or Photoshop is what is used for combining elevation shadows, lables, airspawns icons, titles, background etc.
Easy in-game again.
Since Tour 19 - 2001

Offline Kanth

• Gold Member
« Reply #23 on: May 05, 2017, 07:19:13 PM »
Thanks  :aok

Offline Kanth

• Gold Member
« Reply #24 on: June 15, 2017, 10:59:03 AM »
So glad you put this manual together I just found this after struggling to figure out what I was doing wrong.

Add Road, Rail and River:
Pending
Roads, Rivers and Railroads are set under the "Paths" Tab.
Currently, rivers are the most complete path, but none of the paths show in-game at this time

I was trying to make a nice looking river since the terrain is at around 200ft in this area and added a nice river path that looked ok.  I was going to start adding bridges and went into offline practice to take a look and nothing .

Then jumped into the manual and it says it won't show.  So I guess I can't use that at all.

To add more detail, I was trying to make a river skinny enough so that the bridge objects could go over them, but trying to make it with the smallest brush size in terrain that's 200feet up, I can lower the terrain near the water but I can't make it look good, and not have right angles or smooth out in some area..it's very jaggy or straight line.

I used create all beaches to try to smooth it out but for some reason it never fixes the north side of the river, only the south comes out really nice.

So scratching that idea till later and will just add more buildings... The idea was adding objects that ww1 planes could fly around and under even..Just for fun.
« Last Edit: June 15, 2017, 11:08:06 AM by Kanth »