Author Topic: Soda's Aircraft Evaluation Pages  (Read 2051 times)

Offline popeye

• Gold Member
Soda's Aircraft Evaluation Pages
« on: July 21, 2017, 09:58:10 AM »
Bad link, under Community/Useful Links.

This one still works, though the plane set is incomplete (and I suspect some flight models are out of date):

http://www.gonzoville.com/ahcharts/index.php
« Last Edit: July 21, 2017, 10:00:17 AM by popeye »
KONG

Where is Major Kong?!?

Offline The Fugitive

• Plutonium Member
      • Fugi's Aces Help
Re: Soda's Aircraft Evaluation Pages
« Reply #1 on: July 21, 2017, 04:23:17 PM »
Now if someone could get permission to save the site so it doesn't get lost again.

Offline TequilaChaser

• AH Training Corps - Retired
  • Plutonium Member
      • The Damned - founded by Ptero in 1988
« Reply #2 on: July 21, 2017, 04:50:09 PM »
It's DoK's website, just send him a pm asking for him to give you or someone, perhaps the AH Training Corps permission to Archive the website and the folders that hold all the data that it draws from

DOK, Mosq, Hammer and others volunteered their many hours to gather all the data on that website and put it all together.... The website should at least be archived and saved, even if it is not up to date of the current game state....

TC
"When one considers just what they should say to a new pilot who is logging in Aces High, the mind becomes confused in the complex maze of info it is necessary for the new player to know. All of it is important; most of it vital; and all of it just too much for one brain to absorb in 1-2 lessons" TC

Offline The Fugitive

• Plutonium Member
      • Fugi's Aces Help
« Reply #3 on: July 21, 2017, 04:57:09 PM »
It's DoK's website, just send him a pm asking for him to give you or someone, perhaps the AH Training Corps permission to Archive the website and the folders that hold all the data that it draws from

DOK, Mosq, Hammer and others volunteered their many hours to gather all the data on that website and put it all together.... The website should at least be archived and saved, even if it is not up to date of the current game state....

TC

Thats the problem. Nobody could get a hold of him. The link that I had, as well as many other had disappeared when the site close out his account due to none reply.

Offline TequilaChaser

• AH Training Corps - Retired
  • Plutonium Member
      • The Damned - founded by Ptero in 1988
« Reply #4 on: July 21, 2017, 05:07:22 PM »
Oh... I was unaware of that, Fugi....

I don't keep up with Facebook, except maybe checking my email to see any messages or posts people have made, and it usually takes me a month or two to get to checking....

DoK and I are friends on facebook, but I guess y'all or someone has already tried to get in touch with him on Facebook....

I understand the situation more clearly now....

TC
"When one considers just what they should say to a new pilot who is logging in Aces High, the mind becomes confused in the complex maze of info it is necessary for the new player to know. All of it is important; most of it vital; and all of it just too much for one brain to absorb in 1-2 lessons" TC

Offline The Fugitive

• Plutonium Member
      • Fugi's Aces Help
« Reply #5 on: July 21, 2017, 05:38:30 PM »
Oh... I was unaware of that, Fugi....

I don't keep up with Facebook, except maybe checking my email to see any messages or posts people have made, and it usually takes me a month or two to get to checking....

DoK and I are friends on facebook, but I guess y'all or someone has already tried to get in touch with him on Facebook....

I understand the situation more clearly now....

TC

I found it, Soda did answer so maybe he did find it and load it back up on another server

http://bbs.hitechcreations.com/smf/index.php/topic,386302.msg5140421.html#msg5140421

Offline Oldman731

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #6 on: July 21, 2017, 08:49:51 PM »
DoK and I are friends on facebook

Wow.  Now there's an iconic name.  Wish I'd saved some of his AW and Bigweek posts.  Good to see he's still with us.

- oldman

Offline Petey

• Copper Member
      • 56th FG Homepage
« Reply #7 on: July 23, 2017, 12:04:13 AM »
I looked for Big Week just to see if i could find it the other day.  no luck :(

I used to enjoy reading  all of that stuff.
Petey

56 FG "Zemke's Wolfpack"

Offline Oldman731

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #8 on: July 23, 2017, 08:41:27 AM »
I looked for Big Week just to see if i could find it the other day.  no luck :(

I used to enjoy reading  all of that stuff.

It's still there.

- jkw

Offline Petey

• Copper Member
      • 56th FG Homepage
« Reply #9 on: July 27, 2017, 01:30:54 PM »
you have the link handy?

Petey

56 FG "Zemke's Wolfpack"

Offline DaddyAce

• Silver Member
« Reply #10 on: July 27, 2017, 02:40:48 PM »
I don't think this it, but it is something you may find helpful:    http://www.gonzoville.com/ahcharts/

Edit:  Ooops, I think popeye already posted this....  I think it's called Dok Gonzo's aircraft eval page, or some sort as TC alluded to....When I looked for Soda's  (I had saved a shortcut) could not get into it...apparently no longer supported
« Last Edit: July 27, 2017, 03:25:38 PM by DaddyAce »

Offline The Fugitive

• Plutonium Member
      • Fugi's Aces Help
« Reply #11 on: July 27, 2017, 06:25:29 PM »
I don't think this it, but it is something you may find helpful:    http://www.gonzoville.com/ahcharts/

Edit:  Ooops, I think popeye already posted this....  I think it's called Dok Gonzo's aircraft eval page, or some sort as TC alluded to....When I looked for Soda's  (I had saved a shortcut) could not get into it...apparently no longer supported

If you check the thread I quotes above you can see where Soda answered questions about his site.

Offline DaddyAce

• Silver Member
« Reply #12 on: July 28, 2017, 12:26:48 AM »
Looks like I missed it the first time through.....don't seem to be getting sharper that way with increased experience with life..... :old:   Thank you Fugi