Author Topic: Clean Windows 10 offer remnants  (Read 406 times)

Online Bizman

• Plutonium Member
Clean Windows 10 offer remnants
« on: August 02, 2017, 01:08:33 PM »
Just in case you have taken my advice and set Windows Update not to take optional updates, here's one I think might be worth installing: KB3184143. You can install it either in Windows Update by checking it in the Optional Updates list, or download it from https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/3184143/remove-software-related-to-the-windows-10-free-upgrade-offer.

I've been using the Never10 tool by Steve Gibson. It has an option to remove the files involved. However, I just tried it on a customer's system and it didn't feature the remove button despite it having been present a week ago on another system. So I checked and found the above mentioned update having been installed.

If you have the optional updates being installed the same way as the critical ones, you should have this installed, too. No further action in that case. If not, this is another trick to free some disk space and potentially speed up your system a tad.
Quote from: BaldEagl, applies to myself, too
I've got an older system by today's standards that still runs the game well by my standards.

Kotisivuni