Author Topic: Ability to select empty secondary weapon slot  (Read 474 times)

Offline gflyer

• Copper Member
Ability to select empty secondary weapon slot
« on: August 27, 2017, 11:37:16 PM »
When you fire all of one of your secondary weapons then select a drop tank or other weapon, you cannot reselect the empty slot.  With a two stage trigger I often fire the secondary unintentionally. In my case after shooting all my cannon, I end up dropping a tank I don't necessarily want to drop yet.

Any chance it can be coded so that an empty slot can be selected?  Minor annoyance but thought I would ask.

Thanks,

Offline FLS

• AH Training Corps
  • Plutonium Member
      • Trainer's Website
Re: Ability to select empty secondary weapon slot
« Reply #1 on: August 27, 2017, 11:46:47 PM »
If you aren't using all your modes you can do it by turning off secondary fire in a different mode.

Offline haggerty

• Silver Member
      • Facebook
« Reply #2 on: August 28, 2017, 05:56:16 AM »
+1, its a minor quality of life upgrade.  On planes like the 110G, I dont want to fire my 30mm when strafing ack, but I also want to pull my main trigger.  What I'll do if I have rockets or bombs is select that as secondary so I don't fire the 30mm.  But if I've already fired or dropped the bombs i'm stuck with using another button to fire primary only.
-Ninja250, -Spectre, -UBerHAGS, -FieroGT, -Haggerty, -Hellcat -Misawa, -Gloom -Nobunaga -Cobrakai

Offline ccvi

• Gold Member
      • http://www.carl-eike-hofmeister.de/
« Reply #3 on: August 29, 2017, 04:05:47 AM »
Don't map the 2nd stage of the trigger to "fire secondary" but "fire all". "Fire all" doesn't release bombs.

I would prefer an explicit selection of ordnance instead of a cyclic selection - something that can be used without looking at the selection display. Fixed cycling order would be a start though.

Offline gflyer

• Copper Member
« Reply #4 on: August 29, 2017, 04:21:25 PM »
Ahh, great recommendation CCVI, did not think of that as a solution.  The mode thing would work as well but I have not dabbled with that. Thanks!

Offline EagleDNY

• Silver Member
« Reply #5 on: August 29, 2017, 08:14:43 PM »
Actually just code a secondary option called "SAFE" that rotates through the weapon selections.   Would make sense - you take off with your bombs set on SAFE.

Offline ccvi

• Gold Member
      • http://www.carl-eike-hofmeister.de/
« Reply #6 on: August 30, 2017, 02:25:59 AM »
Actually just code a secondary option called "SAFE" that rotates through the weapon selections.   Would make sense - you take off with your bombs set on SAFE.

Why stop at bombs? Once upon a time there also was a primary toggle (maybe still is?), being able to set primaries to SAFE would also be nice.