Author Topic: What is Vehicle quadrant??  (Read 21375 times)

Offline rvflyer

• Nickel Member
Re: What is Vehicle quadrant??
« Reply #210 on: November 27, 2017, 01:29:17 PM »
See rule #4
« Last Edit: November 27, 2017, 01:34:10 PM by hitech »
Tour 70 2005 to present

Offline bustr

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #211 on: November 27, 2017, 01:56:32 PM »
To sneak or not to sneak.

So with the town and field on opposite sides of a river, and three bridges to cross in between. I'll have to think about my usual placement of the spawns three miles out from the town center on the town side. I still detest making it simple to sneak a tank onto an airfield because the tile painter just brushed the clutter tile across the airfield and moved on. That's why instead I do a number of feilds with the map room next to the tower so up front everyone knows the field will be assaulted by tanks.

Also, Hitech likes having a few airfields with no GV spawns. Still, he did go out of his way to debug bridges for me so I could use them on my last terrain. And that has many permutations to go on the theme being so new.

Put a spawn on the field side and you give the GVers a free lunch. Put it on the town side, and smart GVers will camp the three bridges from the town hills so an M4 has a free lunch with it's rockets on town buildings. I hate GV's but, a terrain is not about making what I like as much as providing a play space for the AH community by my terms. Dang GV combat terrain takes forever because it's like building 90 tank arenas inside of one air combat arena.

bustr - POTW 1st Wing

This is like the old joke that voters are harsher to their beer brewer if he has an outage, than their politicians after raising their taxes. Death and taxes are certain but, fun and sex is only now.

Offline redcatcherb412

• Nickel Member
« Reply #212 on: November 27, 2017, 02:43:00 PM »
Dang GV combat terrain takes forever because it's like building 90 tank arenas inside of one air combat arena.

You might think about making collisions with clouds equal to collisions with trees so air/ground combat would have an equivalent feel for maneuverability.  :noid
Ground Pounders ...