Author Topic: FREE Aces High? New way to get fresh players?  (Read 18261 times)

Offline nrshida

• Plutonium Member
Re: FREE Aces High? New way to get fresh players?
« Reply #165 on: October 31, 2017, 03:57:42 PM »
I'm just pissed off because one of my favorite arenas has been destroyed

Really bud, you're a bit angry you say? We hadn't noticed.

I was considering suggesting a blending of the old and new. Reinstate the furbal lake airfields for free-to-play, but keep the queue-based MPA aspect concurrently. There was actually a maximum capacity at the lake where the furballing became absurd and people would move on to the MA. So it was sort of self-regulating when it came to upper numbers. There isn't any war-winning stratergy aspect to learn which probably explains it's accessibility to newer players. Also the European timezone might become at least a little filled again which could stop the outward spread of emptyness. I appreciate HTC is running a business but one would imagine there'd be a positive effect on spill-over subscriptions. Also the griefing of actual duels that used to happen automatically goes away.

Perhaps worth a trial period?

”It's a shame that he's gone, but the shame is entirely his”
HiTech 2 - Skyyr 0

Offline bustr

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #166 on: October 31, 2017, 05:52:37 PM »
I thought for awhile I saw the DA terrain converted to AH3. Anyway it's a moot issue, if Hitech wants it or an AH3 original construction DA terrain back. Building one or touching up an AH2-->AH3 conversion is much simpler than a full themed terrain for the Melee arena. The Furball lake from back then, 30-40 minutes or less if no one cares if the topography is left plopped in as is by the elevation tool.

In the days this POST has lived on past it's too ripe for polite company, Violator could have plopped together a new DA terrain. The old one was no piece of eyecandy, just functional.
bustr - POTW 1st Wing

This is like the old joke that voters are harsher to their beer brewer if he has an outage, than their politicians after raising their taxes. Death and taxes are certain but, fun and sex is only now.

Offline nrshida

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #167 on: October 31, 2017, 11:30:39 PM »
I thought for awhile I saw the DA terrain converted to AH3.

It is presently employed as the MPA map.

In the days this POST has lived on past it's too ripe for polite company, Violator could have plopped together a new DA terrain. The old one was no piece of eyecandy, just functional.

Probably for the best to not antagonise him further. The apparently entertaining tirade might well be concealing the pre-meltdown of a person who's invested waaaaay too much self-worth in a computer game and panicking over the realization that it might be coming to an end.

I'd advise him to take a break from the game and reflect - if he'd demonstrated any capacity for listening  :)
”It's a shame that he's gone, but the shame is entirely his”
HiTech 2 - Skyyr 0

Offline Wmaker

• Platinum Member
      • Lentolaivue 34 website
« Reply #168 on: November 01, 2017, 12:11:51 AM »
Dear Breast Exam Clinics,
............................. ..........................

:rofl  :rofl  :rofl

Haven't laughed this hard for.....for ages.

I needed that!  :)
Wmaker
Lentolaivue 34

Thank you for the Brewster HTC!

Offline DmonSlyr

• Platinum Member
« Reply #169 on: November 01, 2017, 09:31:41 PM »
Forget about it
« Last Edit: November 01, 2017, 11:20:38 PM by DmonSlyr »
The Damned(est. 1988)
-=Army of Muppets=-
2014 & 2018 KoTH ToC Champion

Offline TequilaChaser

• AH Training Corps - Retired
  • Plutonium Member
      • The Damned - founded by Ptero in 1988
« Reply #170 on: November 02, 2017, 01:58:26 PM »
You're not the bad guy, Violator!

I most times don't bother to read any more of these types of threads, been here so long and have seen and participated in the discussions ....that I stopped paying attention to them probably 10 or more years ago...

I just hope you don't lose your passion for some knockdown dragged out dogfighting.... Players like you don't show up as much as all others..

.saying that, all types are welcomed, even Ack hugging runners (...eventually get shot down, heh)

Hang in there.... and just to point out that everyone eventually will experience burned-out ....it just takes longer for some...

I do miss the old DA Days...

Cheers

TC
"When one considers just what they should say to a new pilot who is logging in Aces High, the mind becomes confused in the complex maze of info it is necessary for the new player to know. All of it is important; most of it vital; and all of it just too much for one brain to absorb in 1-2 lessons" TC