Author Topic: Windows update  (Read 625 times)

Offline 1stpar3

• Gold Member
Windows update
« on: November 18, 2017, 12:11:49 AM »
Hey guys! I just had an update to Windows go through, it was a big one! Creator's edition? Think that was it. Any way, frame rates took a major hit and even off line is unplayable. Am I missing something I can turn off or change, or is it a big issue that will require a "Roll Back"? Its got to be the Windows thing, as AH ran like a charm before this update! In Task Manager I dont see any indications that a process is really running at high levels but "Disk" usage is 98%. Just checking to see if I am missing something, before I try and undo this update
"Life is short,break the rules,forgive quickly,kiss slowly,love truly,laugh uncontrollably,and never regret anything that made you smile."  “The two most important days in your life are the day you are born and the day you find out why.”- Mark Twain

Offline Skuzzy

• Support Member
  • Administrator
      • HiTech Creations Home Page
Re: Windows update
« Reply #1 on: November 18, 2017, 06:14:43 AM »
It has been "hit and miss" with the latest Creators Update.  There are a lot of problems with it, which seem to manifest differently from computer to computer.

However, I have not heard of that type of disk activity before.  Is it an SSD?  Regular drive?  How much free space left on it?  Are there multiple drives?

Your drive C always needs, at least, 40GB of free space for Windows 10 due to the how it handles updates.
« Last Edit: November 18, 2017, 06:16:23 AM by Skuzzy »
Roy "Skuzzy" Neese
support@hitechcreations.com

Offline DaddyAce

• Silver Member
« Reply #2 on: November 18, 2017, 09:34:46 AM »
The Creator's update made my puter too unstable to use for anything.  I rolled it back to the previous version and it works fine now.

Apparently they are aware of the issues, I don't know why they are still pushing it out before they get it fixed.   :rolleyes:
« Last Edit: November 18, 2017, 09:37:17 AM by DaddyAce »

Offline Bizman

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #3 on: November 18, 2017, 09:50:04 AM »
Apparently they are aware of the issues, I don't know why they are still pushing it out before they get it fixed.   :rolleyes:

Yes, according to the support people I've talked to, they are aware of the issues. What's worse, there's no trick to avoid the Fall update for Home users. Apparently they're gathering error reports using their telemetry thingies. Windows - tested by human guinea pigs!
Quote from: BaldEagl, applies to myself, too
I've got an older system by today's standards that still runs the game well by my standards.

Kotisivuni

Offline Ramesis

• Silver Member
« Reply #4 on: November 18, 2017, 01:44:56 PM »
The Creator's update made my puter too unstable to use for anything.  I rolled it back to the previous version and it works fine now.

Irolled back as well  :aok
"Would you tell me, please,
 which way I ought to go from here?
 That depends a good deal on where
 you want to get to. Said the cat."
    Charles Lutwidge Dodgson a.k.a. Lewis Carroll

Offline 1stpar3

• Gold Member
« Reply #5 on: November 18, 2017, 02:57:11 PM »
Thanks, I ended up so frustrated...I rolled it back
"Life is short,break the rules,forgive quickly,kiss slowly,love truly,laugh uncontrollably,and never regret anything that made you smile."  “The two most important days in your life are the day you are born and the day you find out why.”- Mark Twain

Offline 1stpar3

• Gold Member
« Reply #6 on: November 18, 2017, 03:01:06 PM »
I think I described it correct? In Task Manager under DISK it was Orange, the column under the Disk Header. Above and beside DISK(98%). Dxdiag in above post, shows 538 or so GB of free space...so?

Offline GFShill

• Copper Member
« Reply #7 on: November 20, 2017, 10:23:57 PM »
When it updated on my Windows machine, I was prompted to erase the shortcut, as well as the item from the menu drop-down.  I looked for the game file - gone.  So, I'm reinstalling.
==========

Offline Randy1

• Platinum Member
« Reply #8 on: November 21, 2017, 05:56:32 AM »
No problem with update.