Author Topic: 40 mm quad sight picture  (Read 491 times)

Offline RODBUSTR

• Nickel Member
40 mm quad sight picture
« on: December 01, 2017, 03:51:19 PM »
    I try not to use sights at all.  I shoot over the barrel, but can't on the cv and battleship setup.  I wish They were like the cruiser quad sights, or better still. later in the war they were optical.  I still wouldn't use Em, but maybe could see over the sights easier.  also the ring and bead setup many times completely obstruct the target.

Offline bustr

• Plutonium Member
Re: 40 mm quad sight picture
« Reply #1 on: December 02, 2017, 02:14:00 PM »
Depending on the cruiser the quad 40mm was mounted inside of a round splash wall of armor and the guns were open like in our cruiser or, they had the armored plate you see on the battleship and the CV. I searched battleship design and the plate guard was standard while our class of CV was the same. 
bustr - POTW 1st Wing

This is like the old joke that voters are harsher to their beer brewer if he has an outage, than their politicians after raising their taxes. Death and taxes are certain but, fun and sex is only now.

Offline RODBUSTR

• Nickel Member
Re: 40 mm quad sight picture
« Reply #2 on: December 04, 2017, 01:13:50 AM »
    The sights  spear to me to be more than useless, a hindrance  they completely block out aby view of the target.  at least the cruiser I can get above the sights.  So maybe offer more head movement for the bb and fv guns so I can so the same.