Author Topic: How do you submit terrains for review?  (Read 613 times)

Offline Kanth

• Gold Member
How do you submit terrains for review?
« on: December 07, 2017, 08:40:42 PM »
I have 3 takes, on a WW1 terrain that i think might be fun...
What is the process for uploading them somewhere to submit for review?
Gone from the game. Please see Spikes or Nefarious for any Ahevents.net admin needs.

Offline bustr

• Plutonium Member
Re: How do you submit terrains for review?
« Reply #1 on: December 07, 2017, 09:25:01 PM »
I send Hitech a PM asking him if I can submit a terrain for review. Usually he tells me to upload it to the custom terrain HOST where he will look at it. So far I've had to zip up the directory and make it available for him on my Google Drive each time, the HOST dosen't like me. Your terrain has to pass the error check in the terrain editor before trying to upload to the HOST.
bustr - POTW 1st Wing

This is like the old joke that voters are harsher to their beer brewer if he has an outage, than their politicians after raising their taxes. Death and taxes are certain but, fun and sex is only now.

Offline Kanth

• Gold Member
« Reply #2 on: December 07, 2017, 09:50:18 PM »
Thanks bustr
Gone from the game. Please see Spikes or Nefarious for any Ahevents.net admin needs.

Offline Easyscor

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #3 on: December 07, 2017, 09:53:33 PM »
I have 3 takes, on a WW1 terrain that i think might be fun...
What is the process for uploading them somewhere to submit for review?
Of course, it's your decision, but I'd start with a .jpg of the clipboard map and either post here or send it to Hitech. You can also post the jpg in the screenshots forum and link to it here. Then call Skuzzy/Hitech's attention to it.

Unless you're 100% dedicated to completion, I'd hold off uploading it to the server until it's reviewed, but that is another option.

If you're determined to upload it, Ghostdancer, bustr, Jaeger and I can point you there.
« Last Edit: December 07, 2017, 09:55:18 PM by Easyscor »
Easy in-game again.
Since Tour 19 - 2001

Offline Kanth

• Gold Member
« Reply #4 on: December 07, 2017, 10:12:17 PM »
okay, thanks easy I’ll pm and see what I should do.

Offline ghostdancer

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #5 on: December 08, 2017, 06:54:54 AM »
Agreed with Easyscor, you really only want to upload a terrain when it is at a point that it is flyable. This is because once you upload a terrain any player can load it up in a custom player arena.  So yep, if it is for the MA best to start a thread here so people can see progress and give input. Also you can build locally and provide the res file to other manually for them to test or look over locally.
X.O. 29th TFT, "We Move Mountains"
CM Terrain Team

Offline Kanth

• Gold Member
« Reply #6 on: December 08, 2017, 07:26:05 AM »
okay thanks Ghostdancer.  It's for WW1 arena so kind of a specialty terrain and it's totally flyable now and I've flown from each base.

It's addressing the needs of the ww1 arena, with some varied solutions to the vulching and spatial issues. I made 3 terrains each has it's own solution to the issues. 
There's no base capture  or vehicles or anything like that. There is balance though and some fun areas to fly  and fight.

we'll see if there's any interest or direction. 

I'm  learning a lot.
« Last Edit: December 08, 2017, 07:38:45 AM by Kanth »

Offline bustr

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #7 on: December 08, 2017, 02:32:54 PM »
Posting progress screen captures in here is what keeps me going even if no one comments. I keep myself honest with it and motivated to finish the derned things. Starting question posts shows activity on this front that may be gaining eyeballs and helping someone to try getting their feet wet. Most of what I'm creating ends up being myself as the only person who can answer my questions unless it's getting a bug looked at by Hitech like with the bridges.

I'm glad someone is putting some thought into the WW1 arena and experimenting with the activity flow. I hope 8thJinx gets his objects to work in the AvA. MA full size terrains just suck it out of you and beat your brain up.
bustr - POTW 1st Wing

This is like the old joke that voters are harsher to their beer brewer if he has an outage, than their politicians after raising their taxes. Death and taxes are certain but, fun and sex is only now.

Offline Kanth

• Gold Member
« Reply #8 on: December 08, 2017, 03:12:38 PM »
Well bustr your posts and 8thjinx posts and like you said any activity here keep us all going.

I had been meaning to try to do something for ww1 for a long time.  I was discouraged by my ignorance and other limitations so I put it off.

But I see people like pops04 trying to keep it alive and the challenges and I want to try to help.

Same with all aspects of special events. Whatever I can try to do.