Author Topic: FSO Jan 2018 Conquest of Casablanca  (Read 548 times)

Offline RufusLeaking

• Silver Member
FSO Jan 2018 Conquest of Casablanca
« on: January 13, 2018, 07:06:43 AM »
Two of three frames are in the books, and I would like to salute the Friday Squad Ops (FSO) team for a scenario that is everything that FSO should be.  :salute

For squads that do not participate , or new folks who have yet to make a session, I encourage you to check out ULTactus aka BTPage's video on Frame 1. (Pardon the lack of link. I can't figure out how to copy.)

FSO in general, and this scenario in particular, will get you out of the same ol'  air frames. This one pits F4Fs, P-40Fs and SBDs against Yak-7s, P-40Cs and Bostons. Not an La-7 or Dora in sight.  :aok

The hangar queens roll out in coordinated, planned missions. As contact is made with the opposing force, plans do what they do and go to heck.  :banana:

Finally, it is a one life event. Even in the safe, virtual world in which we kill each other, it ratchets up the suspense.

In conclusion, I encourage folks to look into FSO early and often. You might miss the next great scenario like "Conquest of Casablanca."

GameID: RufLeak
Claim Jumpers

Offline waystin2

• Plutonium Member
Re: FSO Jan 2018 Conquest of Casablanca
« Reply #1 on: January 13, 2018, 09:05:45 AM »
FSO is where the action is at!  If you are interested lot's of squads will let you fly along.  Stop by the Friday Squad Operations Forum and post up your interest.  Someone will respond. 

See you up there!  :aok
CO for the Pigs On The Wing
& The nicest guy in Aces High!

Offline Kanth

• Gold Member
« Reply #2 on: January 13, 2018, 09:07:14 AM »
I agree, the action has been pretty fast and furious and the plane matchups have been good. Better than expected.  I like having to go practice to learn about a plane that i don't normally fly.

I totally got murdered second frame but had a blast.  :rock

I don't mind late war rides at all though, FSO has a nice variety.  :cheers:
Good post, i also highly encourage players to come fly FSO. Your squad doesn't have to be in there it's totally different than Melee.
Just come fly. Friday nights.

http://www.ahevents.net/index.php/events/fso

Gone from the game. Please see Spikes or Nefarious for any Ahevents.net admin needs.

Offline The Fugitive

• Plutonium Member
      • Fugi's Aces Help
« Reply #3 on: January 13, 2018, 09:25:30 AM »

Offline Pluto

• Nickel Member
« Reply #4 on: January 13, 2018, 10:38:37 AM »
I died rather quick in frame 2 but I had a very fun fight. Whoever you were  :salute.   I knew that would be the outcome for one of us with how long the fight was going uninterrupted.

Offline Devil 505

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #5 on: January 13, 2018, 10:50:31 AM »
I died rather quick in frame 2 but I had a very fun fight. Whoever you were  :salute.   I knew that would be the outcome for one of us with how long the fight was going uninterrupted.

That was Longbow you were fighting. I was the one that finished you off.
Kommando Nowotny

FlyKommando.com

Offline perdue3

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #6 on: January 13, 2018, 12:29:45 PM »
KN had a GREAT fight with Anti-Horde last night. P-40F's versus Yak-7's. That is what is so great about this setup, when else would that matchup pop up? Glad everyone is enjoying it <S>.
C.O. Kommando Nowotny 

FlyKommando.com

Offline BFOOT1

• Silver Member
« Reply #7 on: January 13, 2018, 01:18:20 PM »
F4F’s and Yak7’s on the deck is quite fun as well!  :joystick:
Member of G3MF
III Gruppe, 8 Staffel, JG52, flying Black 12 (Kuban Scenario)

Offline L0nGb0w

• Copper Member
« Reply #8 on: January 13, 2018, 03:07:29 PM »

Great fight.  I couldn't believe we were left to fight it out for so long  :cheers:
~Kommando Nowotny~
ZLA - Don't Focke Wulf Us