Author Topic: build clutter mask  (Read 1289 times)

Offline captain1ma

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Plutonium Member
      • JG54 website
build clutter mask
« on: March 10, 2018, 07:42:30 AM »
when I check the terrain for errors, it gives me a clutter mask error. so I build it, and then check check for errors.
it shows no errors. then I save it, and I build it, close the TE. then when I try to upload the terrain, it says check for errors.
I go back into terrain, and it get a clutter mask error. ive tried it about 6 times. it takes about 7 minutes each time to build
clutter mask. can anyone tell me what im doing wrong?

Offline bustr

• Plutonium Member
Re: build clutter mask
« Reply #1 on: March 10, 2018, 12:48:46 PM »
Have you tried putting in place the global resupply path system? Under paths create all then do roads for feilds and tracks for strat? Then run the mask and see if that satisfy's the HOST. I'm dreading it with my new terrain since it's so full of features....

Check with Hitech with a PM to see if this is the root of your errors from the HOST. I've been wondering if he implemented the full monti when he enabled the path tool in the terrain editor.
bustr - POTW 1st Wing

This is like the old joke that voters are harsher to their beer brewer if he has an outage, than their politicians after raising their taxes. Death and taxes are certain but, fun and sex is only now.

Offline captain1ma

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Plutonium Member
      • JG54 website
« Reply #2 on: March 10, 2018, 07:15:45 PM »
thanks bustr, I did create all, but I didn't do roads and paths. maybe that's the problem. ill try that. thanks

Offline captain1ma

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Plutonium Member
      • JG54 website
« Reply #3 on: March 11, 2018, 08:56:27 AM »
I finally got them to load. thanks bustr. I have one terrain without any roads in it. I was able to update that one, but I still had to build the clutter mask for it.
its kind of a pain, because it takes so long.

I build a special Monday Night madness terrain called monmad01 and I had to figure out the roads to get it to work, but I finally did. thanks for you suggestions!

Offline bustr

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #4 on: March 11, 2018, 02:36:26 PM »
Hitech made a post with it would irritate bustr in the title when he introduced the new path system. Yes after I tested all the aspects of it, irritating on a large terrain like my new one is a kind word for what will happen just to shoe horn it in.

I placed the City in the center of a wheel of all the strats and HQ, the auto create lays the tracks facing east in a straight line 5 miles long. I get to move them one segment at a time by hand or I get to lay the tracks by hand and hope I'm doing about 5 miles for each so the time from spawn to reaching the start is the same for each. Unless Hitech has set the spawn point to be 5 miles out on the path no matter how long or short.....Hmm, more testing....
bustr - POTW 1st Wing

This is like the old joke that voters are harsher to their beer brewer if he has an outage, than their politicians after raising their taxes. Death and taxes are certain but, fun and sex is only now.

Offline captain1ma

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Plutonium Member
      • JG54 website
« Reply #5 on: March 11, 2018, 03:43:44 PM »
moving them isn't a big deal, just time consuming. I can imaging on a large terrain. mine are all small. I knocked one of my terrains out last night in about 2 hours, and the other took about 4 hours.

Offline bustr

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #6 on: March 11, 2018, 08:59:49 PM »
Yes, time consuming and irritating just like Hitech promised me.

bustr - POTW 1st Wing

Offline captain1ma

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Plutonium Member
      • JG54 website
« Reply #7 on: March 11, 2018, 09:50:29 PM »
how long does it take you to run it? it take me 7 minutes on a 64X64 terrain.

Offline bustr

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #8 on: March 12, 2018, 12:32:03 PM »
Right now I've only run it on a test 64x64 to prototype my strat complex and understand the path system. I will let you know when I reach the point of my first run on this terrain.
bustr - POTW 1st Wing

Offline hitech

• Administrator
  • Administrator
      • http://www.hitechcreations.com
« Reply #9 on: March 17, 2018, 08:07:38 PM »
Doing the save after the build clutter mask is what's breaking you any save after a check for errors will invalidate the build

Offline bustr

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #10 on: March 18, 2018, 01:26:45 PM »
Hitech,

It reads like I need to completely finish the terrain down to all objects and spawns and so forth in their finished positions. This includes visible only roads and rivers. When all of that is fitted in place and working down to running bridges over rivers and roads over those bridges and so forth. I can run a build mask for those paths. Then I run the create all for roads and for tracks as the very final task. Then I never hit save but, massage all of that in place and hit build mask. Then run a build and then check for errors and fix any or, if no errors that is it. I don't make any changes because hitting save will impact the create all paths for AI resupply??

So if I do make changes becasue I find some small mistake, do I just run a build and never hit save again to maintain the integrity of the AI supply roads and tracks?
bustr - POTW 1st Wing

Offline captain1ma

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Plutonium Member
      • JG54 website
« Reply #11 on: March 18, 2018, 10:17:24 PM »
after saving everything I need to save, I run the clutter mask, close the terrain, reopen it, check for error, which gives me none, then close it again and THEN upload it. that seems to work every time.

Offline hitech

• Administrator
  • Administrator
« Reply #12 on: March 21, 2018, 08:45:24 AM »
Then I run the create all for roads and for tracks as the very final task.
So if I do make changes becasue I find some small mistake, do I just run a build and never hit save again to maintain the integrity of the AI supply roads and tracks?

The create all roads would not do anything if you do not save. And if you did save you would have to re run the mask.

Really you only ever need to run the mask after every thing is complete when you are ready for upload. No save is needed after the make mask.

HiTech

Offline bustr

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #13 on: March 21, 2018, 02:26:33 PM »
When I run the very last make mask, do I still need to run a final build after that before running an error check for readiness to upload?
bustr - POTW 1st Wing

Offline hitech

• Administrator
  • Administrator
« Reply #14 on: March 22, 2018, 05:12:57 PM »
When I run the very last make mask, do I still need to run a final build after that before running an error check for readiness to upload?
Modify as desired and save.
Make Mast
Error Check
Build in ahupload

ANY SAVE after an error check invalidates the check.

HiTech
« Last Edit: March 22, 2018, 05:14:30 PM by hitech »