Author Topic: roads causing CTD  (Read 457 times)

Offline captain1ma

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Plutonium Member
      • JG54 website
roads causing CTD
« on: March 20, 2018, 11:03:46 AM »
i have a terrain called monmad01. i added roads to it, made sure there were no errors, and uploaded it to the server

i loaded it to the AVA arena and everyone that tried to get in, including me, caused a crash to desktop?

after i deleted all the roads, check it again for errors, and re-uploaded it, it worked fine. we ran Monday night madness on it yesterday and i had 16 people in without complaints.

got any ideas? was it something i did? easyscor said it might be that the roads were too close together? is that possible?

Offline bustr

• Plutonium Member
Re: roads causing CTD
« Reply #1 on: March 20, 2018, 03:18:48 PM »
Did your CTD generate any dmp files in the game's temp folder?
bustr - POTW 1st Wing

This is like the old joke that voters are harsher to their beer brewer if he has an outage, than their politicians after raising their taxes. Death and taxes are certain but, fun and sex is only now.

Offline captain1ma

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Plutonium Member
      • JG54 website
« Reply #2 on: March 20, 2018, 04:51:00 PM »
it did.

Offline bustr

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #3 on: March 21, 2018, 02:31:10 PM »
Hitech will learn a lot if you zip it up and attach it to your post here in the Bug Reports. And you will be helping all terrain builders to not screw the pooch for the community and Hitech.
bustr - POTW 1st Wing

This is like the old joke that voters are harsher to their beer brewer if he has an outage, than their politicians after raising their taxes. Death and taxes are certain but, fun and sex is only now.

Offline captain1ma

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Plutonium Member
      • JG54 website
« Reply #4 on: March 21, 2018, 04:18:16 PM »
well the terrain was either monmad01 or avasml. I have so many dump files I don't remember which one is which. here you go!