Author Topic: Control Modes  (Read 2182 times)

Offline Chekov

• Zinc Member
Re: Control Modes
« Reply #30 on: May 09, 2018, 11:32:57 AM »
I have been having these exact same issues. You have described them well. I have also tried everything I know to get it back to what it used to be and am having no success. I use a Razor gaming mouse that is up to date with software. Very frustrated...ready to move on too.

Offline Lazerr

• Platinum Member
« Reply #31 on: May 09, 2018, 12:23:23 PM »
I have been having these exact same issues. You have described them well. I have also tried everything I know to get it back to what it used to be and am having no success. I use a Razor gaming mouse that is up to date with software. Very frustrated...ready to move on too.

I believe i attached videos showing the problem too.

If you go to view settings under options, and crank the sesitivity all the way up, you can get the turret to move.  Unfortunately after that everything is fubar.  I think its tied to how the mouse moves now.  Its really not ideal to have to slap your mouse all over the mousepad if making a large turret movement, but hell, not even that is working right.. lol

Offline Lazerr

• Platinum Member
« Reply #32 on: May 09, 2018, 12:28:28 PM »
Ive also noticed when you get into the down scope mode, and if by some miracle you get it to move, it makes no sound.

Keep in mind getting the turret to move in scope mode is a huge accomplishment, and actually getting your sight on a target and destroying anything other than a building from 10 feet away, amazing.

Offline Chekov

• Zinc Member
« Reply #33 on: May 09, 2018, 12:36:19 PM »
I can't use the gunner position in bombers, Osty's, Wirbs, ship guns, or tanks. I really am considering moving on. The only fun at this point is fighters.

Offline Lazerr

• Platinum Member
« Reply #34 on: May 09, 2018, 12:44:39 PM »
I can't use the gunner position in bombers, Osty's, Wirbs, ship guns, or tanks. I really am considering moving on. The only fun at this point is fighters.

Have you tried finding that view setting i mentioned under options?  I got those gunner positions you mentioned to be useable, but extremely difficult to hit anything in due to the jerkyness of their control.

Offline Chekov

• Zinc Member
« Reply #35 on: May 09, 2018, 03:32:43 PM »
Yes I have. My controls do work, but very unhappy with the stability. Can't get a lead on anything. Very not fun when a g14 gets on my tail in bombers. I could not hit it even at 400 out. Very jerky movement. I liked it when the sites would traverse with left or right movement of the mouse.

Offline bustr

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #36 on: May 09, 2018, 06:42:31 PM »
I had to change my mouse this weekend from a USB mouse to a wireless Microsoft 2000 mouse and all of my gun positions move smoothly just like they did with the USB mouse. Pulled out the USB mouse, hooked up the receiver and windows was happy, I'm on win7 64bit. The game didn't care that I changed mice.  I did the whole alpha\beta with a marble mouse and had no problems then changed to a USB optical and no problems. Each time was a pull out the old, drop in the new and the game was happy. What are you gents doing that is causing problems like you describe?
bustr - POTW 1st Wing

This is like the old joke that voters are harsher to their beer brewer if he has an outage, than their politicians after raising their taxes. Death and taxes are certain but, fun and sex is only now.

Offline Lazerr

• Platinum Member
« Reply #37 on: May 09, 2018, 09:10:19 PM »
Chui you got a mouse sensitivy button on the side of ur mouse?

I do.. maybe there is an issue there??

Ive messed with it in combination with game settings and cant get anything smooth.  Maybe the code doesnt like it?
« Last Edit: May 09, 2018, 09:12:47 PM by Lazerr »

Offline Chekov

• Zinc Member
« Reply #38 on: May 10, 2018, 12:09:41 PM »
I changed my mouse out and still have the same trouble. I am using win7 pro/64bit. I do have a mouse sensitivity button and have used it in the highest setting for turret gunning, just to keep from having to slide and slide and slide to move the gun site. Prior to an update back in November I think, the mouse acted as a joystick and would continuously traverse in the direction (left or right) that you moved it, and would stop with a minor movement in the opposite direction. No longer the case of course. I have monkeyed with deadband and all those settings, changed from auto select mode and what not. To no avail. I have updated the mouse software (it is a high quality gaming mouse). I really don't think it's the mouse at all. I have renamed the settings folder twice now, thinking that I did something wrong the first time. No help. Your film shows exactly the problem we are having too. I hope someone can help us, because I do like the friends I have come to know in this game and the camaraderie. Good Luck Lazerr, I don't think I can take much more of this.

Offline bustr

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #39 on: May 10, 2018, 12:32:01 PM »
I've been using dumb quality mice for years and get the results you want. Do you have and old dumb mouse you can test with?
bustr - POTW 1st Wing

This is like the old joke that voters are harsher to their beer brewer if he has an outage, than their politicians after raising their taxes. Death and taxes are certain but, fun and sex is only now.

Offline Lazerr

• Platinum Member
« Reply #40 on: May 10, 2018, 01:12:16 PM »
I've been using dumb quality mice for years and get the results you want. Do you have and old dumb mouse you can test with?

I can look around when i get time, probably not until late in the weekend.