Author Topic: Patch 13 CTD Game minimised to desktop.  (Read 359 times)

Offline bustr

• Plutonium Member
Patch 13 CTD Game minimised to desktop.
« on: May 24, 2018, 06:41:36 PM »
Win7 64bit. DX11 game executable.

While testing patch 13 for the trains and convoys running I was minimizing the game to desktop from time to time and letting the game run. After about 30-40 minutes of the convoys and trains running successfully, opening the game to check the trains and convoys, I minimized the game again. A few minutes after that an error for the DX11 executable popped up on the screen and the game closed down. A DMP file was generated and is attached.

This is that test terrain rawtest which now has several large lakes created from river paths on it.
bustr - POTW 1st Wing

This is like the old joke that voters are harsher to their beer brewer if he has an outage, than their politicians after raising their taxes. Death and taxes are certain but, fun and sex is only now.

Offline hitech

• Administrator
  • Administrator
      • http://www.hitechcreations.com
Re: Patch 13 CTD Game minimised to desktop.
« Reply #1 on: May 25, 2018, 09:33:09 AM »
Were you sitting in the tower? Or viewing something else.

It is blowing up in the AI Gunner system, and appears to be a miss match between to object pointers (as in the AAA on the train is not set right after a train was removed do to the train reaching the end).

Can you post the terrain that was caused the issue? And if you were not in the tower a cmepos file with your approximate location.

Thanks

Offline bustr

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #2 on: May 25, 2018, 12:16:36 PM »
I was not in the tower, I was in CMeye mode sitting over one of the train tracks at the strat complex. I had been watching the trains running for about 30-40 minutes popping in and out doing other things. I do that to also test minimizing the game for problems with patches. I don't remember which train and it's that test terrain I zipped up for you before with the 8mile diameter strat complex.

There have been changes to it since then like testing creating lakes from the river path segments. Do you want a new copy of the project zipped up with those changes on it? I think I was sitting in CMeye over the south three tracks at the strat complex.
bustr - POTW 1st Wing

This is like the old joke that voters are harsher to their beer brewer if he has an outage, than their politicians after raising their taxes. Death and taxes are certain but, fun and sex is only now.

Offline hitech

• Administrator
  • Administrator
      • http://www.hitechcreations.com
« Reply #3 on: May 25, 2018, 03:54:46 PM »
If the road/trains system hasn't changed I don't need a new copy.

HiTech

Offline bustr

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #4 on: May 25, 2018, 05:17:59 PM »
No I have not touched it, your fix made it work again and that was what I was using CM Eye to watch while.
bustr - POTW 1st Wing