Author Topic: Clipboard map grid  (Read 788 times)

Offline badhorse

• Silver Member
Clipboard map grid
« on: June 05, 2018, 08:53:40 PM »
How do I make the clipboard map grid visible? Over water it is just barely visible. Over land I can't see it at all.  I am using a high definition monitor and my resolution is 3840 x 2160.
Always try and be the person your dog thinks you are.

Offline 100Coogn

• Gold Member
Re: Clipboard map grid
« Reply #1 on: June 05, 2018, 09:24:54 PM »
How do I make the clipboard map grid visible? Over water it is just barely visible. Over land I can't see it at all.  I am using a high definition monitor and my resolution is 3840 x 2160.

There is a conversation going on about this topic here.  http://bbs.hitechcreations.com/smf/index.php/topic,393237.0.html

Coogan
From Wiley: If you're hitting them after they drop, that's not defense, that is revenge.
Game Id's:
AHIII: Coogan
RDR2: Coogan_Bear
MSFS-2020: Coogan Bear

Offline Skuzzy

• Support Member
  • Administrator
      • HiTech Creations Home Page
« Reply #2 on: June 06, 2018, 06:20:44 AM »
I believe the grid lines are one pixel wide.  What size is that 4K monitor?  If the PPI (pixels/inch) is really high, the grid line might appear faint.

If you have the in-game anti-aliasing enabled it will make it worse.

Higher density (pixels/inch) monitors do not necessarily translate to clearer visuals, for some things.  Like the single dot when a plane comes just into view range.  The biggest gains with a high pixel density monitor is going to be the reduction in aliasing.
« Last Edit: June 06, 2018, 06:23:32 AM by Skuzzy »
Roy "Skuzzy" Neese
support@hitechcreations.com

Offline badhorse

• Silver Member
« Reply #3 on: June 06, 2018, 11:44:44 PM »

If you have the in-game anti-aliasing enabled it will make it worse.

I don't know whether I do or not.  I've checked every menu that has anything at all to do with display and I can't find anything that mentions aliasing/anti-aliasing. Would it go by any other name?
Always try and be the person your dog thinks you are.

Offline 1stpar3

• Gold Member
« Reply #4 on: June 06, 2018, 11:50:43 PM »
IN GAME is options:Graphics: Post lighting I believe? Not looking at it,of coarse but still under Graphics options :uhoh
"Life is short,break the rules,forgive quickly,kiss slowly,love truly,laugh uncontrollably,and never regret anything that made you smile."  “The two most important days in your life are the day you are born and the day you find out why.”- Mark Twain

Offline 100Coogn

• Gold Member
« Reply #5 on: June 07, 2018, 12:40:53 AM »
I don't know whether I do or not.  I've checked every menu that has anything at all to do with display and I can't find anything that mentions aliasing/anti-aliasing. Would it go by any other name?

Coogan
From Wiley: If you're hitting them after they drop, that's not defense, that is revenge.
Game Id's:
AHIII: Coogan
RDR2: Coogan_Bear
MSFS-2020: Coogan Bear

Offline 1stpar3

• Gold Member
« Reply #6 on: June 07, 2018, 01:27:30 PM »
 :aok
"Life is short,break the rules,forgive quickly,kiss slowly,love truly,laugh uncontrollably,and never regret anything that made you smile."  “The two most important days in your life are the day you are born and the day you find out why.”- Mark Twain