Author Topic: River Path Bug  (Read 431 times)

Offline bustr

• Plutonium Member
River Path Bug
« on: June 26, 2018, 02:25:58 PM »
Before I laid down any roads or train tracks, when I ran the mask, trees would be removed from under river paths up to 2000 wide on my new terrain. 2000 being my widest estuary. Now with all of my roads and tracks in place, trees are only removed from river paths 50 and narrower. At this point I have a little over 300 paths of all types on my terrain.

Right now I have to revisit all bridges and work out lowering a road shoulder at many bridge end berms that will tip over a tank even though it's only a very small shoulder. The angle of assent combined with the shoulder, tips tanks climbing up to the bridge bed if they are not already on the road when they start their up climb.

Worse case scenario I can paint grass under all river mouths and runs wider than 50 with the odds that single tree that shows up on the grass tile is not noticed.
bustr - POTW 1st Wing

This is like the old joke that voters are harsher to their beer brewer if he has an outage, than their politicians after raising their taxes. Death and taxes are certain but, fun and sex is only now.

Offline bustr

• Plutonium Member
Re: River Path Bug
« Reply #1 on: June 27, 2018, 04:01:46 PM »
I'm very confused now. As I've been working on the first set of three bridges, lowering the structure and road bed adjustment, I've run the mask two more times. Now all river widths wider than 50, the trees are being removed. Since I discovered the issue, that is four runs of the mask for it to work properly.

Another issue that may be with roads and micro hills they run over in DX11, I will have to keep testing and see if it happens in DX9. Since all the road paths are now in, when I spawn in to an area with a path within 1 mile of the spawn area. In the first maybe 500yds of travel of my vehicle, there are numerous micro stutters, then they stop after traveling past about 500yds. This did not happen before laying down the roads with only the rivers in place.

After I adjust all the bridges I will test for this phenomenon in DX9 and DX11.
bustr - POTW 1st Wing

This is like the old joke that voters are harsher to their beer brewer if he has an outage, than their politicians after raising their taxes. Death and taxes are certain but, fun and sex is only now.

Offline hitech

• Administrator
  • Administrator
      • http://www.hitechcreations.com
« Reply #2 on: June 27, 2018, 04:42:55 PM »
I'll make it work correctly when you have completed the terrain.

HiTech

Offline 1stpar3

• Gold Member
« Reply #3 on: June 28, 2018, 12:13:02 AM »
 :rock
I'll make it work correctly when you have completed the terrain.

HiTech
SWEET! Bustr, you have no idea on how much I appreciate your hard work, with your terrains  :rock Lately, the environment in game, has been more negative on almost every level :uhoh Refreshing to see someone trying to bring back the optimistic side of the game!  :rock
"Life is short,break the rules,forgive quickly,kiss slowly,love truly,laugh uncontrollably,and never regret anything that made you smile."  “The two most important days in your life are the day you are born and the day you find out why.”- Mark Twain

Offline bustr

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #4 on: June 28, 2018, 12:47:22 PM »
Thank you.

After 16 years I would venture this is the summer time blues cycle of the game. Everyone is out of school, work vacations, and doing outdoor activities and family things. The game will pick up again in September. Even in the 400 a night days, summer time had low numbers enough so that it was noticeable in the slow game play and personal strife. With the economy picking up I'm just trying to do my part to help Hitech.
bustr - POTW 1st Wing