Author Topic: Random engine failure  (Read 409 times)

Offline Puma44

• Platinum Member
Random engine failure
« on: July 10, 2018, 10:28:18 AM »
Over the last week, at random times, I’ve had the engine(s) quit on the Storch and A-20 within a couple of minutes after takeoff without any input from me.  The engine(s) won’t restart.  The fuel levels were 50-75%.  This happened at different bases.

Ideas? 

All gave some, Some gave all

Offline oboe

• Plutonium Member
Re: Random engine failure
« Reply #1 on: July 10, 2018, 11:34:30 AM »
I've never had an engine quit without a fuel or damage issue.   If it happens again maybe you could check the CTL-D damage display to rule that possibility out. I've taken damage int he past from ground fire or other planes without hearing pings, which I just assume is a connection issue courtesy of Level 3.   

Offline Puma44

• Platinum Member
« Reply #2 on: July 10, 2018, 12:44:04 PM »
I've never had an engine quit without a fuel or damage issue.   If it happens again maybe you could check the CTL-D damage display to rule that possibility out. I've taken damage int he past from ground fire or other planes without hearing pings, which I just assume is a connection issue courtesy of Level 3.   

Yeah, that’s a possibility.  I’ll check the damage list next time it happens.  As you mention, I didn’t hear any hits or get advisories from other players.  It’s odd that all of these happened in the last week or so with nothing similar in the past, unless some Whirble was drilling me a new one.  Those I can definitely hear, and almost feel.

Offline Groth

• Nickel Member
« Reply #3 on: July 10, 2018, 02:05:27 PM »
 Sure your Crew Chief hasn't got it in for you?? :bolt:

Offline Puma44

• Platinum Member
« Reply #4 on: July 10, 2018, 02:10:50 PM »
Sure your Crew Chief hasn't got it in for you?? :bolt:

You may be onto something there.  He is the same guy that loads smurf bullets in my planes all the time.