Author Topic: Car Crazies in here? Tell us what you got...  (Read 3895 times)

Offline Skuzzy

• Support Member
  • Administrator
      • HiTech Creations Home Page
Re: Car Crazies in here? Tell us what you got...
« Reply #60 on: August 11, 2018, 06:10:41 AM »
That's why the earlier gens of Vipers were so fun. No nannies. If you didn't know how to control the car it would cost you big time. You can get a nice early 2000's gts for around 30k now. Great car for the money.

The nannies do help the driver who does not take the responsibility of learning to drive a high performance car.  They prevent it from launching too fast, stopping too fast, going into turns too fast, shifting into the wrong gear, and so on.  They do make those drivers safer to be on the road.  Those are the drivers who have no respect for the car or the others on the road.

I drive like an old man on the road.  Observe the laws, take my time and so on.  When I am on the track, it is a different story.  The Cobra club also does back road runs.  I am looking forward to driving in those.  They are fun.

With the nannies, anyone can drive a Corvette ZR1 fast, but when a 65 Cobra passes you, then one should seriously consider slowing down because there is no way that would happen with a decent driver behind the wheel of that Corvette.
« Last Edit: August 11, 2018, 06:15:02 AM by Skuzzy »
Roy "Skuzzy" Neese
support@hitechcreations.com

Offline icepac

• Platinum Member
« Reply #61 on: August 11, 2018, 09:42:44 AM »

When an "improved touring" (stock spec. engines and limited mods) acura integra or 240z put up better lap times than a ZR-1, it's time to watch those guys and learn.

Offline Dichotomy

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #62 on: August 11, 2018, 12:03:36 PM »
The nannies do help the driver who does not take the responsibility of learning to drive a high performance car.  They prevent it from launching too fast, stopping too fast, going into turns too fast, shifting into the wrong gear, and so on.  They do make those drivers safer to be on the road.  Those are the drivers who have no respect for the car or the others on the road.

I drive like an old man on the road.  Observe the laws, take my time and so on.  When I am on the track, it is a different story.  The Cobra club also does back road runs.  I am looking forward to driving in those.  They are fun.

With the nannies, anyone can drive a Corvette ZR1 fast, but when a 65 Cobra passes you, then one should seriously consider slowing down because there is no way that would happen with a decent driver behind the wheel of that Corvette.

While I don't drive high performance cars like you Skuzzy I drive like a granny on the regular roads.  But up here in PA when I get on the back roads where I know there's little traffic I tend to air it out a bit.  Only problem I have is I've had at least 20 deer in two years that attempted suicide by Impala :) Kind of keeps my foot out of the engine :)
JG11 - Dicho37Only The Proud Only The Strong AH Players who've passed on :salute

Offline Shuffler

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #63 on: August 12, 2018, 05:33:30 AM »
When an "improved touring" (stock spec. engines and limited mods) acura integra or 240z put up better lap times than a ZR-1, it's time to watch those guys and learn.

Camaro ZL1 1LE does quite well.
« Last Edit: August 12, 2018, 05:35:04 AM by Shuffler »
80th FS "Headhunters"

S.A.P.P.- Secret Association Of P-38 Pilots (Lightning In A Bottle)

Offline icepac

• Platinum Member
« Reply #64 on: August 12, 2018, 12:09:57 PM »
We took one to Kennedy Space Center and the front bodywork fell apart at 180mph and caused extra work for us in locating and cleaning the runway of all the parts.