Author Topic: The beauty of what this game used to be :(  (Read 2575 times)

Offline The Fugitive

• Plutonium Member
      • Fugi's Aces Help
Re: The beauty of what this game used to be :(
« Reply #15 on: August 07, 2018, 10:02:25 AM »
mERv,
You describe so fondly what I consider the worst gameplay behavior in AH. Running multiple accounts to "win da war", or spending 8 of your worthless hours to ruin my precious 45 minutes game session, are not what made this game great.

Agree 100%!       :aok

Offline Oldman731

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #16 on: August 07, 2018, 11:19:47 AM »
MERv,
You describe so fondly what I consider the worst gameplay behavior in AH. Running multiple accounts to "win da war", or spending 8 of your worthless hours to ruin my precious 45 minutes game session, are not what made this game great.

I was wondering if it was just a joke.

- oldman

Offline Wiley

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #17 on: August 07, 2018, 11:25:33 AM »

- oldman

Oh no.  They really think they did something when they did that.  They actually made HT Change The Game, which I am sure gives them warm fuzzy feelings every night when they go to sleep.

When you're playing a multiplayer game, and the absolute perfect execution of your plan produces gameplay that is indistinguishable from offline mode and a Discord server, I question the value of that contribution to the game.

Wiley.
If you think you are having a 1v1 in the Main Arena, your SA has failed you.

JG11

Offline Vraciu

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #18 on: August 07, 2018, 11:36:17 AM »
Oh no.  They really think they did something when they did that.  They actually made HT Change The Game, which I am sure gives them warm fuzzy feelings every night when they go to sleep.

When you're playing a multiplayer game, and the absolute perfect execution of your plan produces gameplay that is indistinguishable from offline mode and a Discord server, I question the value of that contribution to the game.

Wiley.

+1000
”KILLER V”
Charter Member of the P-51 Mustang Skin Mafia
- THE DAMNED -
King of the Hill Champ Tour 219 - Win Percentage 100
"1v1 Skyyr might be the best pilot ever to play the game." - Via PM, Name Redacted

Offline Shuffler

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #19 on: August 07, 2018, 11:52:22 AM »

- oldman

Me too.... I can't imagine someone actually being proud of that.

Wiley.

Nail on the head!!!!!
« Last Edit: August 07, 2018, 11:54:05 AM by Shuffler »
80th FS "Headhunters"

S.A.P.P.- Secret Association Of P-38 Pilots (Lightning In A Bottle)

Offline Ramesis

• Silver Member
« Reply #20 on: August 07, 2018, 02:02:08 PM »
Me too.... I can't imagine someone actually being proud of that.

Nail on the head!!!!!

Unless HTC is keeping up with IPs or CC #s... I really don't see a way to prevent
shade accts  :furious
"Would you tell me, please,
 which way I ought to go from here?
 That depends a good deal on where
 you want to get to. Said the cat."
    Charles Lutwidge Dodgson a.k.a. Lewis Carroll

Offline Devil 505

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #21 on: August 07, 2018, 02:17:25 PM »
Unless HTC is keeping up with IPs or CC #s... I really don't see a way to prevent
shade accts  :furious

Shade accounts have little to nothing to do with the behavior of the OP being criticized.

This is about him and his friends avoiding other players in order to negatively alter the gameplay of those other players. That is called griefing. 
Kommando Nowotny

FlyKommando.com

Offline RELIC

• Nickel Member
      • http://DFA-Squad.org/
« Reply #22 on: August 07, 2018, 08:39:31 PM »
mERv,
Agreed.
DGSII Scenario-2012  352nd FG/487th FS
P-51D "Cold Gin"
Noseart

Online mERv

• Silver Member
« Reply #23 on: August 08, 2018, 10:38:55 AM »
See Rule #4
« Last Edit: August 08, 2018, 10:39:55 AM by Skuzzy »
"Its no problem to be the best, but to be so much better than the best is going to bring accusations."Haggarty
"Ever wonder why its always b-17s and B-24s? It allows him an extreme advantage over other players hence his bomber kill count, that and his lazer beam guns"Diaster
"Take your meds" ShadowX

Online mERv

• Silver Member
« Reply #24 on: August 08, 2018, 10:41:15 AM »
See Rule #4
« Last Edit: August 08, 2018, 10:45:21 AM by Skuzzy »
"Its no problem to be the best, but to be so much better than the best is going to bring accusations."Haggarty
"Ever wonder why its always b-17s and B-24s? It allows him an extreme advantage over other players hence his bomber kill count, that and his lazer beam guns"Diaster
"Take your meds" ShadowX

Offline Zimme83

• Gold Member
« Reply #25 on: August 09, 2018, 02:02:23 PM »
49ers where fun, they always offered a lot of free kills during their base takes. My double ace sortie achievement was earned in a Brewster defending against them.
''The greatest enemy of knowledge is not ignorance, it is the illusion of knowledge'' - Stephen Hawking

Offline bustr

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #26 on: August 09, 2018, 02:25:37 PM »
Dang and here I gave them roads to drive un-obstructed to the strats if they can sneak a vBase in the backfield of any country. They could have run a convoy of tanks and supply M3 with them and shot up strats and trains.
bustr - POTW 1st Wing

This is like the old joke that voters are harsher to their beer brewer if he has an outage, than their politicians after raising their taxes. Death and taxes are certain but, fun and sex is only now.

Online molybdenum

• Nickel Member
« Reply #27 on: August 09, 2018, 10:01:40 PM »
Dang and here I gave them roads to drive un-obstructed to the strats if they can sneak a vBase in the backfield of any country. They could have run a convoy of tanks and supply M3 with them and shot up strats and trains.

Except, of course, for GV dar.

Anyone trying anything like that nowadays will not live very long. Or will divert some players who otherwise would be fighting and making the game more dynamic into an isolated game-within-a-game of hide and seek.