Author Topic: 3.04 patch 9 Effected AI AA?  (Read 1095 times)

Offline CptTrips

• Platinum Member
3.04 patch 9 Effected AI AA?
« on: February 21, 2019, 01:21:54 PM »

:bhead
This is weird.  Is there anything in the patch that could have effected AI AA?

In my custom terrain I have some gun emplacement scattered around on the enemy side.  gng2, group master, assigned to nearby enemy field. 

This was all working as of last night.  This morning I download the patch and edit the terrain to add a couple of truck convoys.  They worked fine.  As a lark I flew back over to the AA to let them shoot at me and they won't activate.  WTF.  I didn't touch them.

So I edit again and create a new test emplacement near my launching field so I could take off and fly over quickly to test it.  It has the same settings as the one not working.  It works fine.  Okkkkkk.  I delete the original and without changing settings, move the working one over to where it should be.  Test again.  Not working.   :bhead  WTF would where it is sitting have anything to do with anything?  I changed no property from when it was working, only moved it.  All this was working last night but not after a build after the latest patch. 

I have a film of me closing on and circling the AA when it is not working if there is any debug in it (see attached).  I can put the terrain up on dropbox if you need that.

:salute

Toxic, psychotic, self-aggrandizing drama queens simply aren't worth me spending my time on.

Offline CptTrips

• Platinum Member
Re: 3.04 patch 9 Effected AI AA?
« Reply #1 on: February 21, 2019, 01:45:09 PM »
You're going to think I'm nuts, but maybe this is a clue.

I created a offline staged mission to fly over the non-working AA so I could test easily. 
Running within the ME and watching the planes the AA does open fire in the ME view window.   :O
So I build the mission and go fly it in the game client....and the AI doesn't fire on me. 
Go back to the ME and run it there , and the AI does open fire.

:bhead
Toxic, psychotic, self-aggrandizing drama queens simply aren't worth me spending my time on.

Offline CptTrips

• Platinum Member
« Reply #2 on: February 21, 2019, 03:09:46 PM »
My first gut instinct would be this is a enemy recognition glitch.  I don't think there is anything wrong with the terrain definition.

Maybe when running the mission in the ME the AA sees the drones differently than it sees me as a player flying the mission.  Maybe something you tweaked for the other targeting issue effected this.  That would make a little sense.

However, the part that still doesn't make sense is why where I place the AA effects anything when no other properties have changed.  :O

Offline hitech

• Administrator
  • Administrator
      • http://www.hitechcreations.com
« Reply #3 on: February 21, 2019, 03:30:41 PM »
You seem to be mixing terms of me and shooting at the AI? But if you are adding gun stuff to the terrain and testing, my guess would be in the object settings of the gun in the terrain.

I would need the terrain source and a description of which gun to debug. Nothing that I could think of changed that would effect the AAA system.

HiTech

Offline CptTrips

• Platinum Member
« Reply #4 on: February 21, 2019, 03:42:17 PM »
You seem to be mixing terms of me and shooting at the AI? But if you are adding gun stuff to the terrain and testing, my guess would be in the object settings of the gun in the terrain.

I would need the terrain source and a description of which gun to debug. Nothing that I could think of changed that would effect the AAA system.

HiTech

OK I'll upload it and send you a link.  I didn't know if the AA AI and the plane AI shared any targeting code. I'll also give you a mission to put you right there. 

(test mission for aa attached)
« Last Edit: February 21, 2019, 04:29:19 PM by CptTrips »

Offline hitech

• Administrator
  • Administrator
      • http://www.hitechcreations.com
« Reply #5 on: February 22, 2019, 09:52:43 AM »
OK I'll upload it and send you a link.  I didn't know if the AA AI and the plane AI shared any targeting code. I'll also give you a mission to put you right there. 

(test mission for aa attached)

I'm still not sure, is it that they do not soot the AI? Or that they do not shoot you?

HiTech

Offline CptTrips

• Platinum Member
« Reply #6 on: February 22, 2019, 12:06:19 PM »
I'm still not sure, is it that they do not soot the AI? Or that they do not shoot you?

HiTech

Sorry.  I've been in a cold medicine haze for two days.  ;)

The broken AA (the one under the observation balloon) is not shooting me or my AI wingmen in the game client. 

It was working before the patch.  I had ran several tests placing it.  In the next build of the terrain I did after the patch, it was not working.  So I'm just making an educated guess.

I created a mission (attached above) to air spawn you near and heading right at the broken AA.  You can fly right over it and it never fires.
However, when I was creating that mission in Mission Editor, I ran it by checking the "Run Mission" checkbox, and selected the Camel flight and checked "view Terrain" so I could watch the drones fly the mission route over the AA.  In the simulation view of the Mission Editor, the AA did open fire as the drones flew over.  However, the AA did not open fire when I flew that mission in the game client.  Confusing.  (Note: forgot to mention before, it is the camel flight that you want to pick in the mission to fly over the broken AA.)

As another test, I place another temporary enemy gun emplacement very near field A1.  You don't need a mission for that one just take off from A1 and fly NNW about a mile. It is working and will open fire on you.  As far as I can tell, they have the same damn settings.  Both are gng2:group master: owned by nearest enemy field A2.  Even weirder, if in the terrain editor, I move the AA that is working, over to a position next the the non-working AA, the working AA stops working!  With no other property changes. WTF.

Since the AA used to work with their current settings before the patch, and since I saw it working at least in the simulation view of the Mission Editor, then I don't think the issue is with the gun properties or the terrain.  It seems as if it is an enemy identification and targeting glitch.  It seems to have started with the patch.  I could be wrong but that is my best guess.

I PM'd you the map coordinates of the two gng2 emplacements described above.