Author Topic: T34 85 time for perk upgrade  (Read 14825 times)

Offline atlau

• Silver Member
Re: T34 85 time for perk upgrade
« Reply #165 on: May 29, 2019, 11:07:48 AM »
If we were all limited to spit 16s the fights wouldn't be boring either.

Less t34 85s (due to perk cost) would actually increase the number of panzers and m4s on the field and therefore m18s (speed advantage even more noticeable) and m8s (cannon actually semi effective against them) would also be more viable options and I think would make the game more dynamic.

Offline Spikes

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Plutonium Member
    • Twitch: Twitch Feed
« Reply #166 on: May 29, 2019, 03:14:03 PM »
If we were all limited to spit 16s the fights wouldn't be boring either.

Less t34 85s (due to perk cost) would actually increase the number of panzers and m4s on the field and therefore m18s (speed advantage even more noticeable) and m8s (cannon actually semi effective against them) would also be more viable options and I think would make the game more dynamic.
I agree. More diversity. Additionally, lowering the cost of the Tiger/Panther would just lead to all T-34-85s, Tigers, and Panthers, rendering all the other tanks quite useless.
i7-12700k | Gigabyte Z690 GAMING X | 64GB G.Skill DDR4 | EVGA 1080ti FTW3 | H150i Capellix

FlyKommando.com

Offline Mano

• Gold Member
« Reply #167 on: May 30, 2019, 02:21:29 PM »
It would not make the M-8 useless.  I have killed lots of Panthers and Tigers 1's with the M-8. Just ask Kenai77 how dangerous a M-8 can be.
One night I was just about to finish off his Tiger 1 and my buddy Bannor showed up at the last second with a jeep and dropped a box of supps. I only needed one more shot to finish him off.  :D

The GV part of AH would be allot more fun if we see all the GV's in use. Nothing wrong with fine tuning the perk allocations.

:salute
Everything is funny as long as it is happening to somebody else.
- Will Rogers (1879 - 1935)

Offline atlau

• Silver Member
« Reply #168 on: May 30, 2019, 06:07:32 PM »
Mano not everyone is as crazy as you!

Offline Shuffler

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #169 on: May 31, 2019, 11:36:01 AM »

This begs repeating.   :rofl
80th FS "Headhunters"

S.A.P.P.- Secret Association Of P-38 Pilots (Lightning In A Bottle)

Offline bustr

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #170 on: June 14, 2019, 05:18:17 PM »
Here, this should bring out the hanger queens. I've finished building the world and now I'm laying down all the feilds and creating the tank micro terrain. The terrain features that sparse tree tile for everywhere tanks will do combat. Shades of AH2................... :O

Oh! there is a TigerII in there somewhere and from those near bluffs, in some cases it was a 1 shot kill while not in a member of the Tiger family. Speed will probably become a winning attribute with all the space between tree clumps.

bustr - POTW 1st Wing

This is like the old joke that voters are harsher to their beer brewer if he has an outage, than their politicians after raising their taxes. Death and taxes are certain but, fun and sex is only now.

Offline Mano

• Gold Member
« Reply #171 on: June 16, 2019, 02:50:33 PM »
That looks pretty impressive Bustr. Keeping the fighter pilots, pt boaters, buff guys, and gv’ers happy is not an easy task.  :D

Not counting the Tiger 2, the T34/85 is the hardest gv to kill with the M8. The fast turret only allows you time for 2 shots before the t34 driver shoots you. It takes three shots. The other way to kill one is to get behind them and pop their turret with a shot at very close range, then drive away until their pintle runs out of ammo. The really good t34 drivers do not let you get behind them. The M-8 does best when the attack is a total surprise.

My point? There are too many T-34/85 drivers at this particular time. It would be nice to see a bigger variety of gv’s being used.

Everything is funny as long as it is happening to somebody else.
- Will Rogers (1879 - 1935)

Offline bustr

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #172 on: June 16, 2019, 03:52:40 PM »
Here is the work map for my next few days. I did the tank pit in the center you saw in those screen shots to work out how I'll do the micro terrain tile painting at the rest of the spawns. This is the mapping for all feilds, ports, vbases, strat and spawns. Becasue of the irregular landmass shape, each country has a unique strategic weakness. Yes, each country has a spawn from an uncapturable field onto a high overlook to it's vbase in the tank combat pit. So you can drop HE from elevation onto the vbase and take it back asap to keep the pit going. I got tired of logging in to to see the TT on my other terrains captured and out of play for tank furballers because the local feilds were easy to capture by single players late at night. That empty center is 2 sectors in diameter. A sector and a half flight just to pitch a few bombs at tanks or at a 1x1 vbase with 4 hangers supported by wirbles is I hope boring enough to leave the GVers alone. Most of the ridges are 2000-5000ft high.

bustr - POTW 1st Wing

This is like the old joke that voters are harsher to their beer brewer if he has an outage, than their politicians after raising their taxes. Death and taxes are certain but, fun and sex is only now.

Offline haggerty

• Silver Member
      • Facebook
« Reply #173 on: June 17, 2019, 11:47:45 AM »
Agree on way too many T34s, its the only logical tank to use 100% of the time.  Great gun, great speed, good armor against aircraft, good AA capability.  You cant lose perks even if its the only perk tank you use since its so cheap.
-Ninja250, -Spectre, -UBerHAGS, -FieroGT, -Haggerty, -Hellcat -Misawa, -Gloom -Nobunaga -Cobrakai

Offline Vinkman

• Gold Member
« Reply #174 on: July 01, 2019, 11:36:19 AM »
Looks great Bustr.  One more thought was that Trees with Canopies high off the ground provide some cover from planes, but not hiding places for Tank vs Tank.  Eliminate the bushes and shrubs that he ambush tankers hide in.  A run & Gun map will but value on the diverse attributes of the tanks set, leading to more variety on the field of battle.  :salute
Who is John Galt?