Author Topic: Something REALLY freaking annoying!  (Read 719 times)

TheWobble

Something REALLY freaking annoying!
« on: November 25, 2000, 10:23:00 PM »
ok as i was building a map i used one of the larg airfield prefab groups, i messed with flying a little in the editor and when i would go to fly the clip board would show all the different takeoff angles (NE S H NW) adn i could fly from them, well after getting everything done and building the map i went to host the map on h2h.

When i get into the game No matter if i pick a fighter or bomber i only have one option for takeoff "H"    dont understand, all the different takeoff options were there in the editor and now they are all gone, this has happened on a few maps and it REALLY pisses me off cause when i check over everything in the editor the spawn points and everything ARE there!  what am i doing wrong?!

Offline 10Bears

• Silver Member
« Reply #1 on: November 26, 2000, 01:29:00 AM »
Delete that map from AH. Go back into editor hit buildterrain.. I know you already hit it.. Well it didn't take. After you saved last. Go BACK into editor and hit it again   this should work
10Bears

TheWobble

« Reply #2 on: November 26, 2000, 09:50:00 AM »
OK, I deleted the map from the AH/terrains folder,
 I went into the editor and looked at my possible take off dir's I had  H, NE, S,and E

then i hit build terr and copied the new map out of the builder and put it in AH/terrains.
then i ran it in offline mode....it still does it.  

?????

TheWobble

« Reply #3 on: November 26, 2000, 10:05:00 AM »
OK, this time I deleted ALL the airfields and started, just setting them as field onwed 1 field owned 2, off line they BOTH show up, but no matter how many times I build this is waht happens..

a1: all I have is H to take off from and that puts me on a runway.

A2: have to change countries because its a knight now.  all I have to take off from is H aswell, but when I click to take off I get spawned in the middle of the water out there the tower is when you first start the editor, I long ago deleted this tower and there is nothing there (not even land) and no matter what I do it ALWAYS spawns out there,  the field on A2 has plenty of ftrent
and bmbrent and what not it just seems to ignore them.
Any thoughts????

TheWobble

« Reply #4 on: November 26, 2000, 10:23:00 AM »
OK next freakin attempt!

OK this time i deleted all the .res files for the map and went into editor.

I manually places fighter entry points and bomber entry points on the runways on bothe bases.  I clicked build.

went into offline to test and i got THE SAME toejam!

???

Offline pokie

• Silver Member
      • http://s7.eastlink.ca/~tscott
« Reply #5 on: December 14, 2000, 08:13:00 PM »
Did you solve the problem?

I'm running into the same thing.

Pokie

TheWobble

« Reply #6 on: December 14, 2000, 09:41:00 PM »
No I never got it fixed, i dont mess with the editor anymore for i fear for my sanity!

Offline pokie

• Silver Member
« Reply #7 on: December 14, 2000, 09:53:00 PM »
I know what you mean.

It's not windows friendly at times.

Feel like I could go postal at anytime, but since I don't own a gun I guess i'll just have to drink myself silly.

P.S  Thanks for the quick reply.

If I figure it out i'll post it to you.

Pokie

TheWobble

« Reply #8 on: December 15, 2000, 04:47:00 AM »
Thanks poke, if i ever make my self mess with it again and figure something out ill let ya know.

RDRedwing

« Reply #9 on: December 15, 2000, 07:58:00 AM »
Wobble would you mind sending me your map's .oba file? It contains object information and what you describe sounds like a serious problem with the .oba file to me. I was having problems placing objects on my ETO map too, but in the end I could fix it all by manually editing the .oba file.

Its a kinda complex thing and I'm not going to post how to do it here because I don't even know if my assumption is correct, but if you send it to me and it turns out that the file indeed needs to be fixed I will post a walkthrough here for all the other terrain designers that are having problems placing objects.

TheWobble

« Reply #10 on: December 15, 2000, 09:46:00 AM »
Redwing, i have since re-formmated my machine so i dont even have any maps now.  Sorry  

RDRedwing

« Reply #11 on: December 15, 2000, 09:50:00 AM »
ouch  

well any other terrain designers with similar problems feel free to email me your .oba file and I'll have a look

Offline NUTTZ

• Silver Member
« Reply #12 on: December 15, 2000, 11:08:00 AM »
I'm with wobble... only i can't even delete them once they are in.. i have 11 feilds of which 7 show up , it spawns you werever it feels like sending you, and when you try to delete a feild... Blue screen O' Deth.

NUTTZ

RDRedwing

« Reply #13 on: December 15, 2000, 02:14:00 PM »
Yeah don't even try to delete objects in the editor, always resulted in a CTD for me.

NUTTZ feel free to send me your .oba file... I *BET* something's wrong with it

Offline pokie

• Silver Member
« Reply #14 on: December 16, 2000, 10:45:00 PM »
What I was doing today was making a map and placing only 2 airfields first.  Save it and then open the .oba file and delete the         F00TWR0,      twr1,    0,         0.000,   0, 0.0000, 0.0000, 0.0000,      3328,    0,    1,   -1.00,    -1.0,        -1,   0,    0,    0

then go back into the editor and open the map again and build more to it.

NOTE! if you wait to long (meaning add to many things) then you can't open the .oba file with note pad, only can be opened with wordpad. (don't no if that make a difference)

Also I found it best to place an airfield on top of the original tower  before you open the .oba file to delete it.

Pokie