Author Topic: An announcement to make!  (Read 3539 times)

Offline LNG15

• Nickel Member
    • Twitch: Twitch Feed
Re: An announcement to make!
« Reply #45 on: May 15, 2020, 08:16:35 AM »
Best wishes LNG.  You're a fellow Ohioan. We take care of one another.  You impress me as being a fine young man.  Keep it up!
Thanks Hajo
Be Prepared To "Get Lanced!"

Offline Copprhed

• Silver Member
« Reply #46 on: May 15, 2020, 09:02:24 AM »
Puma, there is absolutely nothing wrong with anything I have said in this thread, being cynical is no grounds for your Rule#5 violation.  :old:
Dolby, it's always poor form to step on a thread like this. I sometimes disagree with LNG, but as a fellow human being, he deserves a well wish for his family. It's does neither you nor ANYONE else any harm to say "Best Wishes for your family". Please don't make those of us who spoke up for you feel that we may have made a mistake.
Flight Leader: "Bogeys at 2 o'clock!"
Wingman: "Roger, It's 1:30 now, what do I do 'til then?"

Offline LNG15

• Nickel Member
« Reply #47 on: May 15, 2020, 09:49:51 AM »
Thanks Coppr. And I will go on record and state he is the only living family member on my late dad's side left. I lost my father back on 05' and my late dad tried to play AH once but didnt know how to work with it, when I tried it in 06-07 for the free trial I had some fun but left after the trial due to no funds at that time. When I started working and making a decent paycheck a week me and my folks rented from places like Rent A Center to be able to be on a computer or play on a video game console. My uncle helped get some of those things (only con was at that time he would pawn for his cigs, but my folks forgave him.) He helped my mom when she had Stage 3 colon cancer, he drove me to school and he would even take me to the local airport whenever a historical aircraft was in town. Dolby this ain't about anything else. I have a serious concern with my uncle, I lose him and then its up to me to keep my mom and also my older brother (He cant work due to the restaurant situation of COVID, but should be working again soon.) a roof over their heads. And which my uncle sacrificed his Social Security check every month to cover the rent. He is all I got left. (Sorry about TMI folks)

Offline TequilaChaser

• AH Training Corps - Retired
  • Plutonium Member
      • The Damned - founded by Ptero in 1988
« Reply #48 on: May 15, 2020, 11:24:40 AM »
No worries about TMI, LNG.....

Hang in there and listen/go re-read what fuzeman, Puma and CptTrips posted....especially the 2 parts about taking care of yourself and not letting yourself go because you are putting everything and everyone before you....this is important

2nd: let other replies go and don't acknowledge them....it just adds to unneeded stress and tension that you don't need right now....

If you need someone to just talk to , to unload what you are dealing with, just shoot me a PM, I like fuzeman know real well with what you are going through and I'll chat with ya or if there might be something else you need help with let the community know

Hang Tough

~S~

TC
"When one considers just what they should say to a new pilot who is logging in Aces High, the mind becomes confused in the complex maze of info it is necessary for the new player to know. All of it is important; most of it vital; and all of it just too much for one brain to absorb in 1-2 lessons" TC

Offline LNG15

• Nickel Member
« Reply #49 on: May 15, 2020, 11:59:13 AM »
No worries about TMI, LNG.....

Hang in there and listen/go re-read what fuzeman, Puma and CptTrips posted....especially the 2 parts about taking care of yourself and not letting yourself go because you are putting everything and everyone before you....this is important

2nd: let other replies go and don't acknowledge them....it just adds to unneeded stress and tension that you don't need right now....

If you need someone to just talk to , to unload what you are dealing with, just shoot me a PM, I like fuzeman know real well with what you are going through and I'll chat with ya or if there might be something else you need help with let the community know

Hang Tough

~S~

TC
I will TC thanks for the advice! I will hang tough and Dale and Dutch pmed me some messages as well. I thank you all for the serious support.

Offline DmonSlyr

• Platinum Member
« Reply #50 on: May 15, 2020, 01:52:38 PM »
Best wishes to you and your family LNG.

Its nice to see people who want to help their family for what they have given for their family.
The Damned(est. 1988)
-=Army of Muppets=-
2014 & 2018 KoTH ToC Champion

Offline Puma44

• Platinum Member
« Reply #51 on: May 15, 2020, 01:55:45 PM »
Puma, there is absolutely nothing wrong with anything I have said in this thread, being cynical is no grounds for your Rule#5 violation.  :old:

We’ll let the moderator decide that.  Absolutely no intent on my part to moderate.  Just making an observation. 

All gave some, Some gave all

Offline 1ijac

• Silver Member
« Reply #52 on: May 15, 2020, 02:15:18 PM »
Best wishes LNG.  Many of us older players have been through these situations once or multiple times.  You have gotten some sound advice.  Not to sound uncaring, but you have to take care of yourself, because you are the strong and supportive influence.  Sounds like your uncle is a lucky guy to have your support system.  Try to keep your life as normal and positive as you can and try not to stress over things that you have no control over.  Take breaks from the stress.  AH3 is a good diversion if possible.  If you need someone to chat with...you can PM me and we can work something out.

Cheers,   One-eye :aok
"One-Eye"

Offline LNG15

• Nickel Member
« Reply #53 on: May 15, 2020, 03:09:29 PM »
Best wishes to you and your family LNG.

Its nice to see people who want to help their family for what they have given for their family.
Thanks Demon I appreciate that a lot.

Offline LNG15

• Nickel Member
« Reply #54 on: May 15, 2020, 03:11:14 PM »
Best wishes LNG.  Many of us older players have been through these situations once or multiple times.  You have gotten some sound advice.  Not to sound uncaring, but you have to take care of yourself, because you are the strong and supportive influence.  Sounds like your uncle is a lucky guy to have your support system.  Try to keep your life as normal and positive as you can and try not to stress over things that you have no control over.  Take breaks from the stress.  AH3 is a good diversion if possible.  If you need someone to chat with...you can PM me and we can work something out.

Cheers,   One-eye :aok
Thanks One-Eye I will still play the game though. I did get an update that my uncle is ok now. He is going into a rehab home for about 6 weeks to a month so he can get his right side working again.

Offline Shuffler

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #55 on: May 15, 2020, 04:28:35 PM »
Thanks One-Eye I will still play the game though. I did get an update that my uncle is ok now. He is going into a rehab home for about 6 weeks to a month so he can get his right side working again.

Hopefully it works out in that time frame. In our prayers......
80th FS "Headhunters"

S.A.P.P.- Secret Association Of P-38 Pilots (Lightning In A Bottle)

Offline LNG15

• Nickel Member
« Reply #56 on: May 15, 2020, 04:41:53 PM »
Hopefully it works out in that time frame. In our prayers......
I hope so too Shuffler. And thanks!