Author Topic: anyone into HO scale model railroading ?  (Read 204 times)

Offline Lab Rat 3947

• Silver Member
anyone into HO scale model railroading ?
« on: June 30, 2023, 03:37:06 PM »
The reason I'm asking is that I have several unopened limited edition kits I'm selling. I turned 76 in March and a lot has happened since my computer died in 2017, I flew with the 80th back then. I'm now in an apartment and I will never be able to use these kits. I don't want them to go to waste. I have three that are limited editions. FSM's John Allen Special, the Gorre & Daphetid,. It contains the Engine House, Water Tank, Ash Pit, Blacksmith Shop and the Station. The other two are from Master Creations. They are limited runs, never to be repeated. It is a Saloon that comes with an interior with lights and figures. The Silver Edition has computer controlled sound added to it. My Dad bought both versions of the Saloon. Kit is #205-O-SE. If anyone is interested, reply here, as I currently don't have a phone. I live in Mesa, Arizona, 85202. If anyone interested is local I can give my address. The apartments where I live has two laptops in the office lobby. The office is closed on Sunday, I use them once a day the rest of the week. I hope to get back on the game by the end of the year.

LtngRydr
14th FG Grounded

80th FS "Headhunters"

Offline nopoop

• Gold Member
Re: anyone into HO scale model railroading ?
« Reply #1 on: June 30, 2023, 06:14:06 PM »
I bailed. The prices are off the charts
nopoop

It's ALL about the fight..

Offline Meatwad

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #2 on: June 30, 2023, 06:38:48 PM »
Yes I have been very interested in HO scale railroading for years. I used to buy the Athearn/Roundhouse kits before they were discontinued and replaced with the prebuilt stuff that is 6 times as expensive as what the kits used to be and not as fun to build
See Rule 19- Do not place sausage on pizza.
I am No-Sausage-On-Pizza-Wad.
Das Funkillah - I kill hangers, therefore I am a funkiller. Coming to a vulchfest near you.
You cant tie a loop around 400000 lbs of locomotive using a 2 foot rope - Drediock on fat women

Offline bj229r

• Platinum Member
« Reply #3 on: June 30, 2023, 08:35:08 PM »
Did HO as a kid, then let it drop for many years. Found the Lionel set my big  (late) brother opened up under the Christmas tree in 1953, had some work done to locomotive, it currently runs around our small dining room along the ceiling
Never underestimate the power of stupid people in large numbers

http://www.flamewarriors.net/forum/

Offline Maverick

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #4 on: July 01, 2023, 09:42:03 AM »
I would recommend you get them appraised and contact some model RR forums to find a group in your area that can help with valuation and or sale.
DEFINITION OF A VETERAN
A Veteran - whether active duty, retired, national guard or reserve - is someone who, at one point in their life, wrote a check made payable to "The United States of America", for an amount of "up to and including my life."
Author Unknown

Offline Dadtallica

• Silver Member
« Reply #5 on: July 01, 2023, 01:48:20 PM »
I would recommend you get them appraised and contact some model RR forums to find a group in your area that can help with valuation and or sale.

Reddit is probably a good place to start.
Back in 2022 after a loooooong break from 2010. Old name Ratpack, same for the BBS.

Squad I did the most tours with were the Excaliburs then The 172nd Rabid Dogs. Still trying to talk Illigaf, Coola, Oldman22, and Joecrow into coming back instead of being boring old farts!

Offline icepac

• Platinum Member
« Reply #6 on: July 01, 2023, 02:53:44 PM »

Back in the 70s, chicago area had an amazing shop with big train tracks and slot car tracks going at the same time.

Great time to be a kid.

Offline Lab Rat 3947

• Silver Member
« Reply #7 on: July 01, 2023, 04:08:04 PM »
I just checked the the internet for current prices and was surprised by what I found. For the John Allen Kit has been sold for $450 and $360 from different sites. As for the saloon, $217 to $475. I don't remember what my Dad paid for them. As for the John Allen kit the box has $150 on it. Thanks for the replies.
LtngRydr
14th FG Grounded

80th FS "Headhunters"