Author Topic: intelligence  (Read 640 times)

Offline MiloMorai

• Platinum Member
intelligence
« on: July 23, 2023, 06:38:25 AM »

For some reason the graphic isn't showing.
« Last Edit: July 23, 2023, 08:04:34 AM by MiloMorai »

Offline Eagler

• Plutonium Member
Re: intelligence
« Reply #1 on: July 23, 2023, 07:18:54 AM »
Can't imagine intelligent life on other planets intercepting our television signals and wondering wtf is going on now on that 3rd planet from the sun and if it's time to apply the fire ant mound killer...

Eagler
"Masters of the Air" Scenario - JG27

Intel Core i7-13700KF | GIGABYTE Z790 AORUS Elite AX | 64GB G.Skill DDR5 | EVGA GeForce RTX 3070 Ti FTW3 | Vive Pro | Warthog stick | TM1600 throttle | VKB Mk.V Rudder Pedals

Offline GasTeddy

• Silver Member
« Reply #2 on: July 23, 2023, 10:16:31 AM »
Can't imagine intelligent life on other planets intercepting our television signals and wondering wtf is going on now on that 3rd planet from the sun and if it's time to apply the fire ant mound killer...

Eagler

First we need some intelligent form of life to be found in our planet.

Offline guncrasher

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #3 on: July 23, 2023, 10:49:08 AM »
First we need some intelligent form of life to be found in our planet.

you saying you are dumb?

semp
you dont want me to ho, dont point your plane at me.

Offline 100Coogn

• Gold Member
« Reply #4 on: July 23, 2023, 12:41:40 PM »
you saying you are dumb?

semp
He never said where he lives.  Might not be from this planet.  :noid

Coogan
From Wiley: If you're hitting them after they drop, that's not defense, that is revenge.
Game Id's:
AHIII: Coogan
RDR2: Coogan_Bear
MSFS-2020: Coogan Bear

Offline GasTeddy

• Silver Member
« Reply #5 on: July 24, 2023, 01:22:21 AM »
I deeply apologize my previous message, as it seems to be uncomprehensive for certain individuals. Let me put it a way it may open: Planet earth needs some kind of intelligent form of life.

From present species only few seem to understand something and humans are not among them. No intelligent creature would deliberately destroy its own environment in a name of something artificial like obligatory economic growth or need created by greed.

Over and out, carry on.

Offline RUSH1

• Nickel Member
« Reply #6 on: July 24, 2023, 01:26:24 AM »
I deeply apologize my previous message, as it seems to be uncomprehensive for certain individuals. Let me put it a way it may open: Planet earth needs some kind of intelligent form of life.

From present species only few seem to understand something and humans are not among them. No intelligent creature would deliberately destroy its own environment in a name of something artificial like obligatory economic growth or need created by greed.

Over and out, carry on.

Second strike.  The count is now full.  No pressure.   
“Concentrated power has always been the enemy of liberty.” - Ronald Reagan

Offline nrshida

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #7 on: July 24, 2023, 03:01:07 AM »

There have been and are several forms of intelligence in various degrees and expressions. The Homo Sapien variety is inherently conflict focussed and very political: a race at war with itself you might say. Upon that they evolved in a cluttered and dangerous environment such that it wasn't possible to evolve rationally, only half irrationally the bad way (it's optional). Human vision only works by making assumptions, too many equations and too many variables (see Marr's theory of 2½-Dimensional vision). There's a parallel between how optical illusions work and the intelligence of the HS. It's not very difficult to imagine a race that could progress sensibly and with accord and intelligence. Just isn't this one.

Happy Friday Pipz!
-=Army of Muppets=-
"Get stuffed Skyyr, you freak" - Zack1234

Offline Meatwad

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #8 on: July 24, 2023, 06:31:42 AM »
No intelligent creature would deliberately destroy its own environment in a name of something artificial like obligatory economic growth or need created by greed.

Over and out, carry on.

Or destroying the environment with destructive mining methods and non recyclable "green" items by trying to force the world on "green energy"
See Rule 19- Do not place sausage on pizza.
I am No-Sausage-On-Pizza-Wad.
Das Funkillah - I kill hangers, therefore I am a funkiller. Coming to a vulchfest near you.
You cant tie a loop around 400000 lbs of locomotive using a 2 foot rope - Drediock on fat women

Offline DmonSlyr

• Platinum Member
« Reply #9 on: July 24, 2023, 07:53:01 AM »

Over and out, carry on.

There is a lot of "environment" out there. If you've driven or flown around the Midwest or rural areas of any state, you'd see. The issue is your information suggests we live in a small world and therefore by instantly seeing what is happening across the US, it makes the world seem like a small place. There is quite a bit of environment out there in-between.

Intelligence can mean a lot of things. How about survivial of the fittest being the main ideal? There is no one single boundary as people have so many different intellectual capacities. Engineering vs accounting vs computer coding vs medical knowledge vs biological and chemical understanding. And then you have the specialities within those understandings that make one even more intellectual on that specific understanding but not the others.

I was listening to a speech the other day about extraterrestrials and space crafts. The speaker put up the conundrum that stated "even though these beings would have flying space crafts that can fly hundreds of light-years. Does it really mean all of their politicial and social problems where they came from would be solved?" And then he referred to 1,000 years ago on earth. He said, "if we showed them the technology we had today computers, internet, cars, planes ect, would that mean all of our social and political problems would be solved 😆 🤣

The Damned(est. 1988)
-=Army of Muppets=-
2014 & 2018 KoTH ToC Champion

Offline nrshida

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #10 on: July 24, 2023, 08:19:34 AM »
I predict this thread is about to prove an outstanding example of the points I made  :rofl
Happy Friday Pipz!
-=Army of Muppets=-
"Get stuffed Skyyr, you freak" - Zack1234

Offline Busher

• Gold Member
« Reply #11 on: July 24, 2023, 09:06:54 AM »
 Drs. David Dunning and Justin Kruger have addressed this issue at length.
Being male, an accident of birth. Being a man, a matter of age. Being a gentleman, a matter of choice.

Offline CptTrips

• Platinum Member
« Reply #12 on: July 24, 2023, 10:00:58 AM »
(Image removed from quote.)

For some reason the graphic isn't showing.

I think you are trying to link to a temporary volatile Bing resource.

Go to the page Bing was linking and copy the image address directly the source page.

Toxic, psychotic, self-aggrandizing drama queens simply aren't worth me spending my time on.

Offline TryHard

• Nickel Member
« Reply #13 on: July 24, 2023, 11:22:56 AM »
We ought to just tow all of our collective intelligence outside of the environment