Author Topic: Hotas update  (Read 360 times)

Offline Eagler

• Plutonium Member
Hotas update
« on: October 04, 2023, 08:06:24 AM »
I purchased one of these and set it up yesterday

Hikig 2 Pack The Desk Mount For Flight Sim Joystick, Hotas Systems Fits Thrustmaster Hotas Warthog, T16000M FCS, T-Flight, TCA, Logitech X56, X52, X52 Pro Hotas, WinWing Orion Hotas, VKB Hotas, VPC https://a.co/d/4FjSUa5

It makes a huge difference!

No more chasing the sliding tm1600 throttle all over the desk..had to remove the keyboard drawer to enable installation

Much finer controls on both warthog stick and tm1600 throttle

With the controls by my sides and not up in front of me on the desk, in vr you get a better feeling of sitting in an actual cockpit

Worth the $$$ imo

Eagler
"Masters of the Air" Scenario - JG27

Intel Core i7-13700KF | GIGABYTE Z790 AORUS Elite AX | 64GB G.Skill DDR5 | EVGA GeForce RTX 3070 Ti FTW3 | Vive Pro | Warthog stick | TM1600 throttle | VKB Mk.V Rudder Pedals

Offline SNO

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Gold Member
Re: Hotas update
« Reply #1 on: October 04, 2023, 01:09:44 PM »
Looks good!
☩Schnee☩
Jagdgeschwader 11

Das-Beste-kommt-erst-noch

Offline diaster

• Copper Member
« Reply #2 on: November 18, 2023, 01:33:01 AM »
I just did it yesterday for my warthog setup, much more comfortable.
"Harden The F_ck Up”

Offline oboe

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #3 on: November 18, 2023, 07:48:25 AM »
Eagler that is a fantastic price for such a great looking control desk mount set. 

I remember years ago seeing the YouTube build videos of the European designer of this type of setup, first time I ever saw something like that and knew it was a perfect option.  I found it too expensive so I ordered my own inline clamps from an industrial supply company and found some old garage door right-angle brackets along with some aluminum flat bar and built my own.  Looks like crap, but it works.   This set looks beautiful.

I mount the joystick in the center rather than the right side though, for an even more realistic feel in VR.   It is tough to get used to that position after all the years of using a right mounted stick...