Author Topic: Shocking, I tell you.  (Read 338 times)

Offline RUSH1

• Nickel Member
“Concentrated power has always been the enemy of liberty.” - Ronald Reagan

Offline Tumor

• Platinum Member
      • Wait For It
"Dogfighting is useless"  :Erich Hartmann

Offline Bizman

• Plutonium Member
Re: Shocking, I tell you.
« Reply #2 on: March 15, 2024, 04:45:23 PM »
Well... I don't know what it is since the covid home test didn't show positive for neither my wife nor me the one time we did them but since last June we haven't been able to smell the fumes of beer thrown on the sauna stove. She felt somewhat ill during our holiday trip, I got some sniffles a week later. Nothing that would prevent going to work. But the sense of smell hasn't been normal since then. But of course it's just our imagination, even more so because of the negative test results.
Quote from: BaldEagl, applies to myself, too
I've got an older system by today's standards that still runs the game well by my standards.

Kotisivuni

Offline AKIron

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #3 on: March 15, 2024, 04:58:41 PM »
State sponsored cyber attacks are becoming commonplace. Biological attacks began with Covid (if not before). The really savage attacks, both cyber and biological, loom around the next corner. We ain't seen nothin' yet.
Here we put salt on Margaritas, not sidewalks.

Offline RUSH1

• Nickel Member
« Reply #4 on: March 15, 2024, 05:07:20 PM »
Well... I don't know what it is since the covid home test didn't show positive for neither my wife nor me the one time we did them but since last June we haven't been able to smell the fumes of beer thrown on the sauna stove. She felt somewhat ill during our holiday trip, I got some sniffles a week later. Nothing that would prevent going to work. But the sense of smell hasn't been normal since then. But of course it's just our imagination, even more so because of the negative test results.

I'm not sure my mom's sense of smell is quite back to 100% either.  The researchers don't seem to be arguing residual effects.   

“However, we found that the rates of ongoing symptoms and functional impairment are indistinguishable from other post-viral illnesses,” he continued.

“These findings underscore the importance of comparing post-COVID-19 outcomes with those following other respiratory infections, and of further research into post-viral syndromes.”
« Last Edit: March 15, 2024, 05:08:59 PM by RUSH1 »
“Concentrated power has always been the enemy of liberty.” - Ronald Reagan

Offline Maverick

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #5 on: March 16, 2024, 10:16:10 AM »
The loss of sense of smell and taste is one of the symptoms my mother and I both had when dealing with a cold. Any time as a kid or an adult, when I had a cold I lost both. There were a couple times in the last 4 years when I had a loss of taste / smell I went and got covid tested. It came back negative every time. Last month the wife and I both came down with some kind of virus. No real symptoms other than heavy bad cough and fatigue. No fever, aches pains, loss of smell / taste or other symptoms of covid or cold / flu. Took over 3 weeks to get over it though a real PITA. I kept doing my workouts just to help clear the lungs of crap because the coughing fits were really nasty. A check for pneumonia was also negative as was the lung x-ray. All the NP said was take it easy and ride it out as there isn't much can be done for a virus.
DEFINITION OF A VETERAN
A Veteran - whether active duty, retired, national guard or reserve - is someone who, at one point in their life, wrote a check made payable to "The United States of America", for an amount of "up to and including my life."
Author Unknown

Offline Busher

• Gold Member
« Reply #6 on: March 16, 2024, 11:32:48 AM »
State sponsored cyber attacks are becoming commonplace. Biological attacks began with Covid (if not before). The really savage attacks, both cyber and biological, loom around the next corner. We ain't seen nothin' yet.

Do they make windows for rabbit holes?
Being male, an accident of birth. Being a man, a matter of age. Being a gentleman, a matter of choice.

Offline AKIron

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #7 on: March 16, 2024, 12:04:50 PM »
A lot of people are moving to Idaho. I moved from there last year. They aren't moving there just for the weather.

I work in IT (still). Cyber attacks are becoming more common.
Here we put salt on Margaritas, not sidewalks.

Offline Lazerr

• Platinum Member
« Reply #8 on: March 16, 2024, 02:47:01 PM »
Pretty rough having young kids in daycare and school.. never know what ya got, but you always got somethin.

Offline Eagler

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #9 on: March 16, 2024, 05:09:17 PM »
Has the accuracy of the tests ever exceeded 50%?

You guys doing the best of 3?

Still in the middle of vaccine testing...

". A typical vaccine development timeline takes 5 to 10 years, .."

I have had it at least 3x..vax, natural immunity and all

:cheers:

Eagler
"Masters of the Air" Scenario - JG27

Intel Core i7-13700KF | GIGABYTE Z790 AORUS Elite AX | 64GB G.Skill DDR5 | EVGA GeForce RTX 3070 Ti FTW3 | Vive Pro | Warthog stick | TM1600 throttle | VKB Mk.V Rudder Pedals