Author Topic: Curious: Bigscreen beyond vr headset  (Read 262 times)

Offline Mano

• Gold Member
Curious: Bigscreen beyond vr headset
« on: June 01, 2024, 01:31:04 PM »
Anyone in AH using this head set?

OLED microdisplays with 2560 x 2560 pixels per eye.
Weighs 127 grams.

It is really small compared to other V R headsets.

I understand you need to buy controllers from Steam.

:salute

Everything is funny as long as it is happening to somebody else.
- Will Rogers (1879 - 1935)

Offline HAMMERR

• Zinc Member
Re: Curious: Bigscreen beyond vr headset
« Reply #1 on: June 25, 2024, 03:41:26 PM »
Hey bud.

I own a BSB as well as a Quest 3, reverb G2, Varjo Aero, Pimax Crystal and a samsung O+. 

The BSB for me in flight simming hasn't been as great as the stat sheet would say due to it's large amount of glare.  It's due to the very compact nature of the headset and lenses that basically some of the refracting light doesn't bounce into the blank sidewalls but actually makes it to your eye. Basically anything bright will be mirrored on the opposite side of the lens. In night flying in MSFS or DCS it really stinks becasue usually you'll have at least one bright light on the lower dash that is reflecting into the sky. This ruins the perfect inky blacks the OLED would otherwise provide..

for SimRacing where it's almost always very bright all the time top to bottom this issue is present but not as bothersome.  The BSB is actually my favorite sim racing headset!  I use Assetto Corsa, iRacing etc. Night time still gets glarery but 90% of the time the races are in day or mixed conditions.

Hope that helps.

Source : A guy who writes DCS Settings guides for many of the headset manufacturers and receives review units.

Regards,
Hammerr

Offline Mano

• Gold Member
Re: Curious: Bigscreen beyond vr headset
« Reply #2 on: June 29, 2024, 11:10:27 PM »
Thank you for your post. I have seen a few comments on YouTube concerning the glair. That will make it tough to fly in AH. There is probably no way to fix it.

<S>
Everything is funny as long as it is happening to somebody else.
- Will Rogers (1879 - 1935)