Author Topic: Voice Attack  (Read 803 times)

Offline NOT

• Nickel Member
Voice Attack
« on: August 25, 2024, 04:18:59 PM »
Anyone have profiles they would share? Trying to get mine setup.

Thanks in advance.

AKNOT

Offline Leisure

• Zinc Member
Re: Voice Attack
« Reply #1 on: August 25, 2024, 04:38:27 PM »
Hello,

I do not have a profile but I could send my mother-in-law to help with voice attack. She's quite good.
Baby seal onboard, go around!

Offline The Fugitive

• Plutonium Member
      • Fugi's Aces Help
« Reply #2 on: August 25, 2024, 04:39:47 PM »
I havent found where the profiles are saved..... never really looked, but what are you trying to do? I am in the process of adding a "How to" page to my help page for voice attack.

Offline Leisure

• Zinc Member
« Reply #3 on: August 25, 2024, 05:21:21 PM »
First post:

https://forum.voiceattack.com/smf/index.php?topic=1639.0

To make up for my previous cornball response......
Baby seal onboard, go around!

Offline NOT

• Nickel Member
« Reply #4 on: August 29, 2024, 05:52:23 PM »
Fugi, I am just trying to get it set up. Was hoping someone had already done the hard part ;) ;) Trying to get used to VR and was hoping this would help.

:salute :salute

Thanks Leisure

AKNOT

Offline JimmyD3

• Gold Member
« Reply #5 on: August 29, 2024, 08:16:42 PM »
Aknot, my Voice Attack stuff is as follows, "AppData\Roaming\VoiceAttack"  :aok
Kenai77
CO Sic Puppies MWK
USAF 1971-76

Offline The Fugitive

• Plutonium Member
      • Fugi's Aces Help
« Reply #6 on: August 29, 2024, 09:36:49 PM »
Fugi, I am just trying to get it set up. Was hoping someone had already done the hard part ;) ;) Trying to get used to VR and was hoping this would help.

:salute :salute

Thanks Leisure

I have about half the page built right now. Not only will it help immensely in VR it helps in the regular version of the game as well. The only limitation so far is your imagination.

My son and daughter in law are coming up this weekend and we are throwing them a shower (my first grand daughter!), but after they head back home I should be able to get the page finished up pretty quick. So just a bit of patience and I should be able to spend more time to help you out.

<S>

Offline ColTomb

• Copper Member
« Reply #7 on: September 01, 2024, 02:02:44 PM »
I made a folder with my VoiceAttack settings, Boops and Beeps sounds, E-Mails with support to add a VOX mute, etc.

The Fugitive introduced me to this fine program. As a thank you, The Fugitive and the rest of you, may use whatever you want in the folder .

https://www.mediafire.com/file/e3zanwgl5kmr8r4/VoiceAttack_Stuff_9-1-24.zip/file

Hope this helps somebody.

Offline AKIron

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #8 on: September 07, 2024, 01:52:02 PM »
Voice training can make a yuge difference in Voice Attack. Repeating commands because they are unrecognized is frustrating. Do the voice training twice. There are at least two difference scripts. Speak as you would in the game when you do the voice training.
Here we put salt on Margaritas, not sidewalks.

Offline AKIron

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #9 on: September 07, 2024, 01:54:42 PM »
Also, some words are more easily recognized by Voice Attack than others. I had a lot of trouble getting Voice Attack to consistently recognize "F1-F12" for the function keys. I found it recognizes "Function 1..." much more reliably.

Offline AKIron

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #10 on: September 07, 2024, 02:04:54 PM »
HOTAS controllers typically have some three positions switches that are usually on-off-on and not on-on-on. I can't recall if there is a need for a three position switch in Aces High. If there is then the center position may not be mappable in the game. Voice Attack can help with that. Not Aces High but here's how I dealt with that issue using Voice Attack.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xfQlJkVEgWY

Offline The Fugitive

• Plutonium Member
      • Fugi's Aces Help
« Reply #11 on: September 07, 2024, 05:14:47 PM »
I made a folder with my VoiceAttack settings, Boops and Beeps sounds, E-Mails with support to add a VOX mute, etc.

The Fugitive introduced me to this fine program. As a thank you, The Fugitive and the rest of you, may use whatever you want in the folder .

https://www.mediafire.com/file/e3zanwgl5kmr8r4/VoiceAttack_Stuff_9-1-24.zip/file

Hope this helps somebody.

I have just started going through all of this, you have a bunch of info here! Once I have a better understanding of this I will get it all on the help page.

Thanks for all of this.  <S>

Offline The Fugitive

• Plutonium Member
      • Fugi's Aces Help
« Reply #12 on: September 16, 2024, 02:59:58 PM »
OK, I added a "How To...." page on my help page for Voice Attack. It covers the basics of how to setup the program as well as how to build a profile. Its a great program. Whether you use it for VR or the nonVR version of the game it is easy to use and very helpful if you only have a few buttons on your controllers.

A big thanks to ColTomb for all of his help!

Direct Link

Help Page Link

Offline NOT

• Nickel Member
« Reply #13 on: Yesterday at 10:43:41 AM »
Thanks Fugi!!  :salute :salute :salute

AKNOT

Offline Drano

• Platinum Member
« Reply #14 on: Yesterday at 01:09:23 PM »
If you find your command doesn't seem like it's taking, edit it and make the keypress longer. I think it defaults at like .1 sec. I usually bump it to .25 and get more consistent results. YMMV
"Drano"
80th FS "Headhunters"

S.A.P.P.- Secret Association Of P-38 Pilots (Lightning In A Bottle)

FSO flying with the 412th Friday Night Volunteer Group