Author Topic: John Ashcroft  (Read 199 times)

Offline Udie

• Gold Member
John Ashcroft
« on: February 12, 2002, 06:46:09 PM »
I've got some mixed fealings about our new Attorney General.  On one hand I trust him a heck of a lot more than I do/did Janet Reno.  On the other hand he scares the crapola out of me for his stance on the war on drugs and other criminal justice issues (I tend to not be so conservative when it comes to the courts)   He has that Darth Vader effect on me.   I trust him to enforce the law but it worries me that he may enforce it too much, ie... long jail times for drug offences.  I know it hasn't been suggested or what ever but he's the type that usually go for that sort of thing.  So I'm as glad to have him there as I am scared he's there, if that makes sense.  I do trust him to do his job with honor and dignity.

Ok that said, I was just watching the news.  They had Ken Lay in front of congress where he took the fifth.  Then the proceeded to show our congress belittle him one person after another.  I mean the kind of smart bellybutton comments you see from people like me ;)  Not one of the sorry bastards said any thing meaningful, that I saw anyway.   They sat there and literally called him names and told him what a horrible person he is for doing what he did.  Not once did I hear any of our congress men and women talk about money they took from Mr. Lay.  This is the congress of the United States of America.  I am talking about the whole entire congress all parties.  In my honest opinion they are a disgrace to our nation or probobly more true a reflection of ourselves :(

Now in another thread there was a discussion about the Arab man wrongly imprissoned for 5 months.  His rights were defenately violated and I'm sure that he will sue and get rich because of it, deservedly so.   What about Mr. Lay's rights?  He was basicly held up in front of the whole nation as guilty as charged, just a formality that he has yet to actually be charged with anything.    Those filty hypocrites sat there and drilled the man knowing full well that their hands are just as dirty as his allegedly are (you never know his wife may have been right).  There are congressmen on each commitee investigating Enron that took money from Enron.  Meanwhile the Democrats are trying without success to find anything that they can stick to Bush while never mentioning the fact that all the illegal activities happened while he was Gov. of Texas and Clinton was in the White House.   Never will you hear them say they will investigate the past administration.  Bush may very well have broken the Law here in Texas. I don't know if that's being investigated, though I'm sure Waxman has some people on it.   Yet none of them mentioned the money they took from Enron.

This Enron thing is getting messy and who knows how far it will go.  But I realised while I was watching that news story that there's one person in this whole mess that's done the right thing.  John Ashcroft.  He recused himself weeks ago because he took money from Enron.  So I just wanted to say S! John Ashcroft, you scare me but I respect the hell out of ya...

PS...

I'm really pissed at our congress, they suck bad and we need to replace every single one of them.

Offline fd ski

• Silver Member
      • http://www.northotwing.com/wing/
John Ashcroft
« Reply #1 on: February 12, 2002, 07:53:40 PM »
Try this:

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/articles/A60304-2002Feb11.html

"Islam is a religion in which God requires you to send your son to die for him. Christianity is a faith in which God sends his son to die for you."

I have a problem with all fanatics, regardless of which invisable man they believe in.

Offline Udie

• Gold Member
John Ashcroft
« Reply #2 on: February 12, 2002, 09:14:48 PM »
Originally posted by fd ski
Try this:

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/articles/A60304-2002Feb11.html

I have a problem with all fanatics, regardless of which invisable man they believe in.

what about that statement makes him a fanatic?

Offline Wingnut_0

• Copper Member
      • http://www.Luftjagerkorps.com
John Ashcroft
« Reply #3 on: February 12, 2002, 10:58:53 PM »

Offline Tumor

• Platinum Member
      • Wait For It
John Ashcroft
« Reply #4 on: February 12, 2002, 11:04:46 PM »
Originally posted by Udie

what about that statement makes him a fanatic?

... In today's world, actually believing in "something" is grounds to be found guilty of fanaticism.
"Dogfighting is useless"  :Erich Hartmann