Author Topic: Naval Aspect question (PT Boats)  (Read 287 times)

Offline Maukadog

• Zinc Member
      • http://www.geocities.com/maukadog/newargon/assassins.html
Naval Aspect question (PT Boats)
« on: February 20, 2002, 09:54:34 AM »
I got on Aces High last night and jumped into a PT Boat (I love PT Boats and DD's) The graphics were real nice and I liked the feel of the boat. I was in off-line mode figuring things out. There was little to no information on the PT boats at any of the Websites. It seems like if your not in the air then you crashed. It's really too bad I really like the PT boat alot. I saw where you could man a gun on a Carrier too. I read talk of Battleships and Cruisers doing shore Bombardment on some of the maps. I still know very little about the Naval aspect of this game but It's seems to have a lot of potential and is under utilized. I to find more info on the Naval aspect and where they plan to go with it.
If any of you can enlighten me...that would be great (Website maybe?).

Second issue:
Not being a stick guy I had trouble with my Generic sidewinder joystick. it was too touchy for a boat. Can someone tell me how to tone it down (decrease sensitivity)? Or even better how to set the thing up right? When I went to man the guns I couldn't make the slight ajustments needed to aquire targets. each time I touched the joystick it sent the sights flying across the sky. I don't want to go online until I get this joystick thing worked out so I can fire all those cool weapons on my PT Boat at those pompus (please take that comment in the good natured truth it was meant) flyboys hehe.

Offline FLS

• AH Training Corps
  • Plutonium Member
      • Trainer's Website
Naval Aspect question (PT Boats)
« Reply #1 on: February 20, 2002, 12:42:52 PM »
Funny how Aces High emphasizes air combat in airplanes.  :D

When you read the help file you'll see a section on calibrating and scaling your joystick which should fix your stick problem.

There doesn't seem to be much information anywhere about the PT boat, TG, or ship gunnery but you can search this BB and find some useful info.

--)-FLS----
Musketeers