Author Topic: The Future!  (Read 192 times)

Offline zapkin

• Copper Member
The Future!
« on: September 12, 2001, 09:18:00 AM »
I have three daughters. They are bright, beautiful, and loving children. After the events I witnessed yesterday, I began to worry about their future and the future of all our children. We live in a country that is envied and hated by those less fortunate. My children have to grow up here. They will make their lives here.

I find myself wondering when I will wake some morning and instead of a few buildings being destroyed, someone will have used a nuclear or biological or chemical weapon to kill a whole city of innocent people.

I used to think this sort of scenario was far fetched. Now I EXPECT it to happen. I just don't know when.

I dont want war. I want peace. But I want those who commited this crime punished. I want to see their heads on a stake...I want to see them burned alive...I want to see them smashed under tons of rubble..or better yet, left to die slowly amidst the cries and screams of their friends. This is the kind of death they dealt to hundreds if not thousands. I want revenge...but I also want peace for my children...how can I want both?

I have never been affected like this by a disaster or tragedy. I feel somehow changed.
I know others have been similarly affected, but I feel really weird. Some people I know don't seem to take it seriously. I cannot help but think about the families of those people. All they have is their memories and the thoughts of the terrible way that their loved ones died. It makes me sick to think that people capable of such terrible crimes live in the same world as my sweet daughters. It makes me sick.

Offline Ripsnort

• Radioactive Member
The Future!
« Reply #1 on: September 12, 2001, 09:21:00 AM »
Being a father and mother will cause this type of duress, my father remembers distinctly how his father hugged him the day Pearl Harbor was attacked.  Life goes on, its just another lesson in life, that of being that life comes in all forms of happiness, to cruelty.

Offline Keez

• Copper Member
The Future!
« Reply #2 on: September 12, 2001, 09:25:00 AM »
Originally posted by zapkin:
I have never been affected like this by a disaster or tragedy. I feel somehow changed. I know others have been similarly affected, but I feel really weird. Some people I know don't seem to take it seriously. I cannot help but think about the families of those people. All they have is their memories and the thoughts of the terrible way that their loved ones died. It makes me sick to think that people capable of such terrible crimes live in the same world as my sweet daughters. It makes me sick.

Zapkin, I have been feeling this way all day long. A lot of people didn't seem to care about it the way I do. I couldn't explain it.

These words you wrote made me understand it. Finally my feelings are put to words. Thank you, very much.