Author Topic: Shouldn't we move on?  (Read 218 times)

Offline Gtoraii

• Zinc Member
Shouldn't we move on?
« on: September 12, 2001, 11:51:00 AM »
I am as shocked and angered as the next guy. I feel for the families and morn the dead. I hate what has happened and I want blood. I want to see who has done this pay. I want them all to pay.

I think in a way they got what they wanted with this attack. Our way of life has been interrupted. We have stopped doing what we love. Many of us have stopped working as hard as normal. I know all yesterday I was in a red haze of shock and anger.  Is this not what a terrorist attack is about? Making us shift from normal to a holding mode of shock anger and fright? We need to get over this, we need to move on. We need to take our revenge but in the mean time we need to function like it is any other day. To do anything else it to allow these sub human monsters to win.

We as the United States of America need to stand tall, to wipe the blood from our cheek and bandage it, and stare back in defiance, going on as we always have and will, waiting for the time to bring out the big stick, and make them pay.

Am I wrong?

Jon Tisor
GTO2 in Aces

[ 09-12-2001: Message edited by: Gtoraii ]

Offline BigJim

• Zinc Member
Shouldn't we move on?
« Reply #1 on: September 12, 2001, 01:08:00 PM »
Nope you are not wrong you have indeed hit the nail on the head.

Offline Maverick

• Plutonium Member
Shouldn't we move on?
« Reply #2 on: September 12, 2001, 02:07:00 PM »
Yes we should move on but make no mistake. This doe not mean we are trying to put this behind us. We will continue our lives, business and functions while preparing to bring those animals responsible to justice.

We will NOT be stopped or broken. Our nation is stronger now than the day before. This fact will make itself apparent shortly.

Mav
DEFINITION OF A VETERAN
A Veteran - whether active duty, retired, national guard or reserve - is someone who, at one point in their life, wrote a check made payable to "The United States of America", for an amount of "up to and including my life."
Author Unknown

Offline Gtoraii

• Zinc Member
Shouldn't we move on?
« Reply #3 on: September 12, 2001, 02:21:00 PM »
Right, thats what I meant!