Author Topic: Yo Funked!  (Read 189 times)

Offline Wanker

• Platinum Member
Yo Funked!
« on: March 12, 2002, 03:32:54 PM »
Mike, after you relax a little and take a deep breath, I hope you'll decide to come back to AH. You're taking all of this way too personally. Heck, when I was Senior CM I went through bouts of anger and frustration like this before every scenario!

But then I realized that if you indeed care about certain people you play this game with, it's worth it to do the right thing and contribute your talents for them. The people who give you grief on this BBS are few and far between compared to the number of people who respect you and admire you as a person.

You have a temper, and I've seen you log in frustration before. So what? I have a temper, too, and do the same thing, as do many others here. You've always collected yourself and came back, and that's what I hope you'll do in this situation.

Just remember that all of this drama "ain't nothing but a thang" in the whole scope of the AH world. The con is so much fun, and all the people there are cool and friendly. This BBS has about as much basis in reality as a soap opera.

You're a good person and a positive influence on the boards and in the game. There are plenty of people here who would welcome you back without any qualms. I think deep down in your heart you love this game too much to walk away like this.

Besides, the thought of Beefcake running amok in here without some guidance is giving me the willeys! :)

Take it easy buddy, the first round is on me at the con this year.

Offline Wlfgng

• Platinum Member
      • http://www.nick-tucker.com
Yo Funked!
« Reply #1 on: March 12, 2002, 04:24:37 PM »
I second that.
Hell, I'll even buy you a round.

Offline bikekil

• Gold Member
Yo Funked!
« Reply #2 on: March 12, 2002, 05:32:21 PM »
i have an idea Funkee, why don't you arrivre to visit me at my place? i'm serious...nothing can make you fell better then polish vodka.. you know that!

Offline eskimo2

• Platinum Member
      • hallbuzz.com
Yo Funked!
« Reply #3 on: March 12, 2002, 05:52:54 PM »
Well said banana.

eskimo

Offline bloom25

• Silver Member
Yo Funked!
« Reply #4 on: March 12, 2002, 05:53:05 PM »
I've been around AH just about as long as anyone.  I just can't imagine this community without Funked being a part of it.  

I read the thread that seems to be the cause of this.  Even though Funked snapped, I know I would have done the same thing as him under those circumstances.   All Funked seemed to be asking for was a delay on the start of the scenario, because he felt that there was not sufficient time to come up with a game plan that would result in the best possible experience for those involved.  I can understand that out of 300+ people a few would be inconvienenced by this, but it's just a game for crying out loud!  Funked ( and the whole Allied team) in no way deserved to get jumped all over for something they volunteered to do in the first place.  I personally volunteer 10+ hours a week of my time managing an electronics store here on the Oregon State University campus.  (Time that I honestly don't have.)  For some reason there are always a very small minority of people who are willing to criticize every little detail of your work, but aren't willing to volunteer themselves to do anything about it. :mad:

Offline sax

• Gold Member
      • http://www.13thtas.com
Yo Funked!
« Reply #5 on: March 12, 2002, 07:16:27 PM »
Top notch player and community member, there isn't that many left. Hope you change your mind Funked.

Offline Toad

• Plutonium Member
Yo Funked!
« Reply #6 on: March 12, 2002, 09:38:29 PM »
Funked,

Take a break and let time do its thing.

You are a valued and respected member of this community....

you'll be welcomed back.

Even if ya are a slide-rule jockey.  ;)
If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude than the animated contest of freedom, go from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains sit lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen!

Offline Animal

• Parolee
  • Platinum Member
Yo Funked!
« Reply #7 on: March 12, 2002, 09:40:58 PM »
Dont listen to them Funked, you are better of not turning back.

However if you DO decide to do a RAM on us (even Ive done it once) you will be welcome in our honorable squad.

! WTG LOL *G*

Offline Swager

• Silver Member
Yo Funked!
« Reply #8 on: March 12, 2002, 10:00:31 PM »
Hate to say this but I agree with banana!  You are a valued asset to this community.  I have been here a long time and you are one of the finest players in the game in terms of integrity.

Dont let the bulk of us suffer due to your loss, because of a few.

Being a CM or an organizer of such an event is a huge undertaking.  Some people dont understand that, but many of us do.  

You have a lot of options Funked, I hope you pick the one to reconsider your decision.

and hope to see cya soon!

Swager
Rock:  Ya see that Ensign, lighting the cigarette?
Powell: Yes Rock.
Rock: Well that's where I got it, he's my son.
Powell: Really Rock, well I'd like to meet him.
Rock:  No ya wouldn't.

Offline Ghosth

• AH Training Corps (retired)
  • Plutonium Member
      • http://332nd.org
Yo Funked!
« Reply #9 on: March 13, 2002, 09:16:58 AM »
Hey Funked,

What they said above goes double for me.
Lifes  to short to waste it this way.
Take a break if you need (Been there done that)  But don't stay gone too long.

Offline Ratbo

• Copper Member
Yo Funked!
« Reply #10 on: March 13, 2002, 01:48:18 PM »
I gotta agree with banana here. I didn't sign up for Sicily because A) I'm busy in RL and B) My skills are poor and with slots at a premium (read bloodletting over slots) I didn't wanna steal one.

However, I did indeed quietly watch the fray and formed an opinion:

To request a delay wasn't over the line. To quit in the same breath without even waiting for an answer was. Quitting isn't cool - so you be a man and take your lumps. The mitigating fact is that you've contributed much and been a pillar of the Community. So therefore YOU are in a better position to recover from an aw-shit than the guy that hasn't built up the impressive list of attaboys that you have.

In summary - chill out - admit that quitting a command position out of frustrations isn't cool - take a few lumps - and get back in the swing when you've had time to reflect and cool off.

In the end - if you're "real" you'll get what I'm saying.....

-W

Offline Udie at Work

• Copper Member
Yo Funked!
« Reply #11 on: March 13, 2002, 02:09:44 PM »
come on Funked stop the madness!!!!

Unleash the fury!!

Offline Saurdaukar

• Plutonium Member
      • Army of Muppets
Yo Funked!
« Reply #12 on: March 13, 2002, 02:11:31 PM »
Dont take this the wrong way or anything but... perhaps I missed it - why is he leaving?

Offline hblair

• Platinum Member
      • http://www.cybrtyme.com/personal/hblair/mainpage.htm
Yo Funked!
« Reply #13 on: March 13, 2002, 03:19:22 PM »
Funky Munky is reading this feeling all ookie inside. He feels the love of Animal (BTW, welcome back animal from that journey to find yourself) and the rest of the community.

Lassie Come Home!

:)

(seriously, get back up in here)

Offline Thrawn

• Platinum Member
Yo Funked!
« Reply #14 on: March 13, 2002, 04:06:40 PM »
Funked, didn't you lose a bet over the Canada/US hockey game?  Don't you HAVE to fly a 109E for a month after 1.09 comes out.  I mean you're not a WELCHER are ya??:eek:

;)