Author Topic: Carrier Ops  (Read 105 times)

Offline MrLars

• Silver Member
Carrier Ops
« on: April 18, 2002, 04:11:58 PM »
Here's something I've been thinking about since IS and the 38's landing on the carrier thing.

IRL carrier pilots get extra pay for being some of the most skilled pilots. Never having your airfield at the same place all the time, landing on a rolling and pitching flattop and just the extra skills needed to operate from a Carrier is something that should be recognized with maybe an additional 10-15% perk adjustment for succesfull landings. This would ONLY apply to those planes available on Carriers since the masses would probably try to game it.

Landing a damaged plane on a Carrier?...how about the ability to trigger a barrier net that is only visible to your FE so Carrier ops could continue.

Traps, have some sort of perk adjustment for catching the 3 wire...dunno if that was prefferable in WWII but these days your flight status is effected if you always miss it.

These are just thoughts and tossed out for discussion. I don't have an agenda for posting this since I very rarely fly off Carriers and have only landed on them when necessary.

Offline Sabre

• Gold Member
      • Rich Owen
Carrier Ops
« Reply #1 on: April 18, 2002, 04:21:33 PM »
Heya, Lars!  I like these ideas.  I would make it so if you use the crash barrier you get a lower perk point total for the sorty, though.  And yes, catching the #3 wire was the yardstick in WWII also, as I recall reading somewhere.  Nice ideas.
Sabre
"The urge to save humanity almost always masks a desire to rule it."