Author Topic: Q: What is a "tour"  (Read 290 times)

Offline cajun

• Silver Member
Q: What is a "tour"
« on: May 06, 2002, 01:09:10 PM »
I've only been playin AH since about september, and I keep hearing about "Tours" how do they work/how do you join them?

I heard 1 post that sounded like if you get shot down in 1 (what ever it is) then you cant play again? Is it if you get shot down or "killed"? and if you do get shotdown/killed can you just rejoin the tour or you have to wait till next tour?

Also do you have to have an account to play in 1?
« Last Edit: May 06, 2002, 01:13:00 PM by cajun »

Offline Mox

• Copper Member
« Reply #1 on: May 06, 2002, 01:23:54 PM »
Most of the time when you hear the word "tour" in Aces High it means Tour (a month of play), each month the scores are reset and a new tour is started.  Deaths only matter if you care about your score, at no time in the main arena will you be unable to fly because you have been killed in the past.

Tour of Duty (TOD) is a scenario and is part of the Special events section on this web site.

Offline Flossy

• Aces High CM Staff (Retired)
  • Plutonium Member
      • Flossy's Website
Re: Q: What is a "tour"
« Reply #2 on: May 06, 2002, 01:35:36 PM »
Originally posted by cajun
I've only been playin AH since about september, and I keep hearing about "Tours" how do they work/how do you join them?
LOL, seems like you are confusing "Tour" and "Tour of Duty" or TOD as it is known.

Firstly, a Tour is what we call the current time period each month.  At the beginning of the month (Tour) all scores and ranks are reset to zero - apart from Perk points which are carried forward.   These then build up during the month as you play in the MA or CT until the end of the month when the Tour ends.  Tours normally change on the first working day of each month, and the CT has its own Tour.   :)

I heard 1 post that sounded like if you get shot down in 1 (what ever it is) then you cant play again? Is it if you get shot down or "killed"? and if you do get shotdown/killed can you just rejoin the tour or you have to wait till next tour?
This sounds a bit like the "Tour of Duty", a weekly squad-based event held on either Friday night or Saturday afternoon.   For further details of the Tour of Duty see:  http://events.simladder.com/tod.php.  These are usually played over 3 or 4 weekly "frames", with each frame being a one-life event.  This means if you are shot down or bail, or your aircraft is damaged beyond repair, then you are not allowed to re-up and are done for the day.... you can however fly again the following frame a week later.  

To fly in the TOD you either have to be a member of a participating squad, or you can be a guest in a participating squad providing they have a spare place.... as long as you are a member of a squad in the SEA by the time the event starts.  Hope that helps to answer your question.  :)
Flossy {The Few}
Female Flying For Fun

Offline cajun

• Silver Member
« Reply #3 on: May 06, 2002, 10:47:48 PM »
Thanks Helps allot :)