Author Topic: Bish #s in MA  (Read 1031 times)

Offline MrRiplEy[H]

• Persona Non Grata
  • Plutonium Member
Bish #s in MA
« Reply #60 on: May 30, 2002, 06:01:33 PM »
Rude new players spread randomly nowadays according to HTC and new players.
Definiteness of purpose is the starting point of all achievement. –W. Clement Stone

Offline Witless

• Copper Member
Bish #s in MA
« Reply #61 on: May 30, 2002, 06:36:21 PM »
I think it was Toad who posted somewhere about a  phone conversation he had a with HTC recently in which it was mentioned default side is Bishop. Can't remember which thread though.

Offline Toad

• Plutonium Member
Bish #s in MA
« Reply #62 on: May 30, 2002, 07:55:09 PM »
Rude and I were at lunch last Friday I believe and we called HTC from there while we were discussing the latest tragedy to play out on the BBS...... numbers.

I believe it was Mathew "Aurelius" Klinge who answered the phone and the question, saying default for new accounts was Bish.

Anyone have any later info than that or from anyone else at HTC?

I'm just going on what Matt said.
If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude than the animated contest of freedom, go from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains sit lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen!

Offline Otto

• Silver Member
      • http://www.cris.com/~ziggy2/
Bish #s in MA
« Reply #63 on: May 30, 2002, 08:11:06 PM »
Main Arena 9:10 P.M.  Eastern

Offline copterdave

• Zinc Member
Perk point suspension
« Reply #64 on: May 30, 2002, 11:11:18 PM »
I'm still fairly new to AH but here's my idea.  
How about suspending ones ability to earn perk points for, say 48 hours after switching sides.  This would greatly reduce the number of "impulse" switches.  Or maybe limiting the number of times each player can switch down to something like once a week or so.  

Hooker06 of The Roughriders!

Offline Widewing

• Plutonium Member
Bish #s in MA
« Reply #65 on: May 30, 2002, 11:30:03 PM »
Originally posted by Witless
I think it was Toad who posted somewhere about a  phone conversation he had a with HTC recently in which it was mentioned default side is Bishop. Can't remember which thread though.

This is correct. As AW players came over to join our squad in AH, all of them were defaulted to the Bish and had to change to Rook.

It would be much more equitable if the default was random. This way, newbies get spread around from the outset.

My regards,

Widewing
My regards,

Widewing

YGBSM. Retired Member of Aces High Trainer Corps, Past President of the DFC, retired from flying as Tredlite.

Offline Virage

• Silver Member
Bish #s in MA
« Reply #66 on: May 31, 2002, 12:22:14 AM »
Many players believe they will get the perk points just by being on the winning side at the end.
JG11

Vater

Offline MrRiplEy[H]

• Persona Non Grata
  • Plutonium Member
Bish #s in MA
« Reply #67 on: May 31, 2002, 02:02:10 AM »
Otto unless you didn't notice, there weren't even 50% more rooks compared to rest let alone 100-120%.

Your picture represents the couple hours of the day when the arena is actually balanced. Then the rest of the time bish gets the 2x numbers and the steamrolling begins.
Definiteness of purpose is the starting point of all achievement. –W. Clement Stone

Offline Roscoroo

• Plutonium Member
      • http://www.roscoroo.com/
Bish #s in MA
« Reply #68 on: May 31, 2002, 04:15:38 AM »
Rush, The Trees

There is unrest in the forest,
There is trouble with the trees,
For the maples want more sunlight
And the oaks ignore their pleas.

The trouble with the maples,
And they're quite convinced the're right
They say the oaks are just too lofty
And they grab up all the light.

But the oaks can"t help their feelings
If they like the way they"re made.
And they wonder why the maples
Can"t be happy in their shade?

There is trouble in the Forest
And the creatures all have fled
As the Maples scream "Oppression!"
And the Oaks just shake their heads

So the maples formed a union
And demanded equal rights.
"The oaks are just too greedy;
We will make them give us light."

Now there's no more oak oppression,
For they passed a noble law,
And the trees are all kept equal
By hatchet, axe, and saw.

looks like we need a union strike here....
or perhaps when the #'s of one country exceed a 2 to1 ratio the lesser country/'s gets Free perk rides, (i could just see it now 50 Rook/Knit  ME262's against the 150 Bish's)

Or how about some new MA terrains ..Big map with more distance between some of the fields ? maybe we could get submarines ?(but making them small enough to submerge in 6 inches of water is gonna be tough )   hmm discisions ... just a few thoughts from an out numbered Rook .  Can I whine now ???,
Roscoroo ,
"Of course at Uncle Teds restaurant , you have the option to shoot them yourself"  Ted Nugent
(=Ghosts=Scenariroo's  Patch donation

Offline robsan

• Copper Member
      • http://home.netsurf.de/robert.sander/
Bish #s in MA
« Reply #69 on: May 31, 2002, 05:06:44 AM »
What I don't understand is why people just roll over on their backs when there is a problem at hand and do nothing themselves to fix it.

Why scream for HT to fix numbers when the solution could be so simple?

If one country outnumbers the other two then you must HIT that country and stop fighting each other.

When I check the roster and Bishops outnumber both Rooks and Knights it seems rather logical for me
to up at the Knight field that is closest to the next Bishop field. But when I look at the map,
I see 2/3 of the Knights fighting Rooks...

The more HT has to set reglations to controll gameplay, the less flexibel it gets,
the less choice you have.

But... the more choices you have, the harder it gets to make the right ones...
are you guys old enough to tie your own shoes,
or do you want Mama HT to change yer diapers for ya? :D

Offline Duedel

• Silver Member
Bish #s in MA
« Reply #70 on: May 31, 2002, 12:06:18 PM »
Ur right robsan but if two countries outnumber one every day every night its really  "&/§%$.

I have no problem with hundreds of enemies but i find it boring to be in defense everytime i play. I even logged a few times cause i've no lust to play at 3 or 4 field and have NO options in gameplay.

So what about leaving knights and joining bishes and asking the black adders and 3./JG 2 "Richthofen" to do the same?
We could have really fun to kill 2 or 3 knights (if we can find them)

I mean there are many mature squad co's on bish side. Why u don't switch ur squad to the outnumbered country, doesnt  matter if its Bish Knight or Rook.

Offline MrLars

• Silver Member
Bish #s in MA
« Reply #71 on: May 31, 2002, 12:15:52 PM »
Originally posted by Duedel

I have no problem with hundreds of enemies but i find it boring to be in defense everytime i play. I even logged a few times cause i've no lust to play at 3 or 4 field and have NO options in gameplay.

One problem I noticed recently is that when the Bish have overwhelming numbers they tend to bring out more perk rides...kind of logical that they would since the prospect of loosing their uber ride is minimized by their overwhelming numbers.

Offline Steven

• Parolee
  • Nickel Member
      • http://members.cox.net/barking.pig/puke.htm
Bish #s in MA
« Reply #72 on: May 31, 2002, 01:09:04 PM »
MrLars, I noticed that too.  The 262s come out in force when we are down to about four hurting bases.  

I'm Knight, so can only speak from my perspective.  It seems people gravitate towards the path with least resistance which means sometimes it's more economical of the fun for the two lower number countries to fight and forget about the one that overpowers both together.  And it's hard to organize into allies, because you have so many people coming in and going out every minute.  If Rooks attack us somewhere, we'll either defend...but if we don't, we can let them take bases which will attract others who gravitate towards the least resistance and it snowballs.  If a Rook enters the arena not aware of the alliance (or even still aware), he may decide to go his own way and that path of least resistance and hunt along the allied lines.  Oh, and I'm not really sure an alliance against the Bish will serve our purpose because that will legitimate their numbers and probably require they have more people.  I wonder if we ignored the Bish completely...let them take the bases with no resistance if that would bore them to death to leave for another country that has good fights, Rook or Knight.  Hmmm.

I just left the arena after getting slammed by overwhelming Bish.  Very good job on 45 by you guys with three B17s coming in from three different directions and arriving over target at the same time combined with the hord of GVs moving on the base.  Funny thing is, I still saw many Spitfires, a Yak, a N1K and LA7 attacking our base.  Overwhelming numbers using the best tools for the job = steamroller.  

I'm truly not whining.  I actually enjoy having all these targets and finding a fight really fast and I'm learning defensive moves en force, but it grows old too.  Sadly, the community has to police itself on this matter because you can't force anyone to fly for one country or another and make everyone happy.

Cheers.
« Last Edit: May 31, 2002, 01:11:23 PM by Steven »

Offline Fatty

• Gold Member
      • http://www.fatdrunkbastards.com
Bish #s in MA
« Reply #73 on: May 31, 2002, 01:51:56 PM »
At least this thread has Geddy Lee popping in my head.

Offline Duedel

• Silver Member
Bish #s in MA
« Reply #74 on: May 31, 2002, 05:50:55 PM »
Hey Fatty ur Bish? :D